How should I spend $450?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Finish 2nd AR-15 or get a Sig-Sauer SP2022 .40?

• Get the Sig-Sauer SP2022! You don't have .40 pistol yet, tis' an excellent choice.
    • Nah, screw Sig! The zombies are coming, you'll be glad you have a 2nd AR on hand.
    • Neither, buy $450 worth of beef jerky instead.

I've reached a bit of a fork in the road. I've always wanted a Sig but they're so frickin' expensive, so I started looking at the P250 which is relatively cheaper. The P250 didn't really impress me though and I absolutely hated the DAO trigger. The Sig-Sauer SP2022 caught my eye, and from what I've read a lot of people believe it undoubtably the better of the two tactical tupperware Sigs, not to mention cheaper to boot! Furthermore, I only have 9mm and .45 handguns and have always wanted to try a .40 so this seemed like as good an opportunity as any.

On the other hand... I've been slowly cobbling together a 2nd AR-15. I upgraded and changed my current AR-15 so far beyond recognition that I realized I had quite a base of old parts to begin a 2nd build. At this point, all I really need is a BCG, handguard/rail, iron sights and a charging handle and I will have a 2nd fully-operational AR15. All said and done it should be about the same amount of money as a Sig-Sauer SP2022 .40 with night sights.

The alarmed, proactive side of me says I'll be so glad I have an additional AR15 down the road from now, given the direction this world seems to be heading. The complacent, lazy sheep side of me says I should chill out because I have plenty of long guns already but I haven't bought a handgun in ages.

Which would you go with?

At first I thought you were building your first AR and if that was the case I would finish my project(if it was me) to complete the gun. But you already have one AR so I would go with the SIG, you wont regret it. I have one. Great pistol. You already have an AR, it can wait. Why not, right.

Some people will knock the Sig 2022, just like with any gun you will find those. Its a great gun though, and its a sig, no denying it. My shoots great, and it fits my hand well. Way better than the XDs and glocks Ive held.

Neither, buy a few lowers just in case the Assault Ban president gets in.

Finish the AR15 when the parts come around. I got my BCM Gunfighter charging handle for under $35, you should be able to find a standard for under $15. BCGs have been outrageous the last 6-9 months, I expect a few cheap ones to drop for black friday, hopefully down to the $90 they used to sell for.

Ive got a magpul rear MBUS in foliage green new in package of your looking for something like that. Also, a front in olive drab. Long story.

I voted finish the AR, because you already started it. But if you're afraid of zombies and don't have a pistol, get one. You need a side arm in case your primary goes down. And you can't have an AR as your secondary (unless maybe it's an AR pistol?)

Neither, buy a few lowers just in case the Assault Ban president gets in.

I've thougth about that too. Even beyond this election, having 10 lowers or so is not a bad thing, and a bunch of mags.

And you can't have an AR as your secondary (unless maybe it's an AR pistol?)

Are either of OPs barrels under 16"? If you already have a rifle, yeah, I would build a pistol next. Shares ammo, more portability and concealability. As long as the lower hasnt been built into a complete rifle, and you dont have a spare stock around when you get the last parts, you can still do this (in most states).

Thats my next build, 10.5" AR15 with rifle buffer for soft shooting. Lightweight FF handguard and magpul AFG.

I've thougth about that too. Even beyond this election, having 10 lowers or so is not a bad thing, and a bunch of mags.

My only worry is that someday I will want to build them. $$$$$$$