vepr feed back

had her at the range today, i suggest a recoil pad for those of you with a bad shoulder like me, i could only do fifteen rounds, no problems with feed or function,bolt held open on last shot, i was at the 100 yard range with my o6 so i didn't want to set up again, standing,open sights hit the target fifteen times with three in center. so no problems with accuracy. field stripping it was not that bad, pushing the small button on top of the top cover button is a bit of a pain, didn't know the gas piston was in two parts that was something new to me, and getting the bolt lined up with the bolt carrier to put back into the reciever was new to me as well. nothing like the ak bolt. the top handguard latch was a big pain in the ass to move i had to use rubber mallet on it, any suggestions on loosing it? and the handguard bracket, is it supposed to fit flush with the handguard? couldn't make it fit flush.

001rei.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Those lower hand guard brackets can be a pain in the butt as well as the top gas tube but the cleaning tool kit makes it easy for the gas tube. But you shouldnt have to remove the lower much, really no cleaning needed there.

How do you mean the gas tube is in two pieces? got a pic?

Those lower hand guard brackets can be a pain in the butt as well as the top gas tube but the cleaning tool kit makes it easy for the gas tube. But you shouldnt have to remove the lower much, really no cleaning needed there.

How do you mean the gas tube is in two pieces? got a pic?

sorry, the gas piston, the head is not attched to the piston body.

In front of the piston is a puck, this is standard for all AK shotties.

The gas tube retainer, really tough to move on both the veprs I have. Lower hand guard has a gap like yours as well. That lower hand guard retainer is held in a very specific position by the upper gas tube - no way to adjust it rearward.

Thanks for the post.

The more you move the gas tube lever (use the slot in the side of the cleaning kit tube) the more it will loosen up. Youtube search AK cleaning kit and it will give you a few videos on useage of the AK cleaning kit, that tube does a whole lot more then just contain the parts.

I wouldnt worry about the handguard retainer, as long as it fits tight.

Do you notice any bolt or bolt carrier marks on the rear trunnion? I'm kind of curious about that since it is a "self regulating" gas system.

Edited by Mullet Man