Super Vepr Safety Help!

I recently separated the stock from my Super Vepr 308 so I could put some coats of linseed oil on it. I noticed that the push button safety had to be removed to allow the separation. I used a screwdriver to rotate the safety 180 degrees and then pushed it out. Easy enough....or so I thought. Well after I got the safety out, I removed the stock and started the linseed coats. After about 6 coats the stock looks really awesome now, but I've run into a bit of a snag on re-install. There is a retaining wire that is blocking the hole that the safety need to slidethrough on the left side of the rifle. I tried using a paper clip to attempt to pull up the wire to all the safety to slip by, but I couldn't get the wire to pull up high enough. Anyone have any tips or tricks to get the safety back in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Not to worry, i had a similar issue, start by putting the saftey back with the angled edge towards the top of the gun, push it through until the angle is pushing up on that small bar, or spring, whatever you wanna call it, I personally take a small skinny flat tip screwdriver and push that clip or bar up as I push the saftey through from the other side, because I am pushing up on the spring the safety doesn't have to push up as much as if you weren't using the screwdriver to push up. It still takes a bit of effort but I was able to push the safety through.Hope this makes some sense.

That definitively does make sense. I figured that was the way to re-install it but I want to make sure before I pushed to hard on it. I gonna use a small screwdriver to see if I can push the wire up enough to slip it by. Thanks for the help!

Edited by Sanjuro82

Finally got it back in! I tried using a small screwdriver to lift up the wire but I couldn't quite get it. So I pulled the safety back out, lubed up the angled portion on the safety, put it in and made sure everything was lined up properly and then gave it a sharp whack with a hammer and a dowel rod. Popped right in!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...