My Completed Gun Photos

No my nephew did that. Thought it would be funny. It runs great on everything short of the FTF's I get now and again. Dont really know what to do about those. Rim of the shell gets hung up. Havent filed anything or polished anything in that area quite yet.

Here is a primer Reliability Mods vs. "Break In" vs. "Quick Fixes" - Page 3 - Saiga-12 - forum.Saiga-12.com

Rim though? what is it catching on, and on the loading stroke or the ejecting? pics always help.

No my nephew did that. Thought it would be funny. It runs great on everything short of the FTF's I get now and again. Dont really know what to do about those. Rim of the shell gets hung up. Havent filed anything or polished anything in that area quite yet.

Here is a primer Reliability Mods vs. "Break In" vs. "Quick Fixes" - Page 3 - Saiga-12 - forum.Saiga-12.com

Rim though? what is it catching on, and on the loading stroke or the ejecting? pics always help.

On the loading stroke. Ejecting is fine. Winchester does not like my gun. Federal is pretty good. 7.5 inch 1 1/8 bulk....

On the loading stroke. Ejecting is fine. Winchester does not like my gun. Federal is pretty good. 7.5 inch 1 1/8 bulk....

Sounds like the soft Winchester Universal hull is catching in the extractor slot.

At the rim? I didn't know that was possible. The front edge for sure.

There really isn't much back there the hang up on. The crimp is what I think the OP was referring to when he said "rim", but of course I could be mistaken.

No I think you're right. I did have a Federal shell that that rim was torn off and stuck just at the entrance of the barrel. My gun is polished all over, rails included. The areas that the shell slides into (unsure what they're called) are not polished. I was thinkin on polishing those to make the shell slide more smoothly. Thoughts?