steel s12 mags. Project completed.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We made the call today to suspend low capacity production for the time being on all products. 8 rounds will be the smallest 12 round the largest. We will make the small sizes later if/when restriction

Update of sorts. Ended up getting stuck on a vepr .308 batch for a few extra days. Had to come up with a new clamping fixture for the S-12 since the first one gave me a sore elbow in 20 parts, took a

He has already said in this thread first batch will be 8 rounders.   I want larger magazines, but mostly I look forward to that first batch and I want that first batch to be good, and I want it as

Posted Images

King of the Hill said if I posted here if I want steel mags. Woo hoo! FREE STEEL MAGS! I'll take 10. Thanks, King of the Hill!!!

There is one thing I will promise.. Its that they will not be free.

We don't make killer huge profits on anything we build. We will price everything within reason.

• Like 1

10 Rounders. 5 I get from keepshooting, and the thing is that shells are sold in increments of 5 and up to 25.

8 X 5 = 40

8 X 25 = 200

See were I am going with this? 011.gif

The 8 round mags just sit better in the gun...

Edited by 7.62m43

Steel 8 or 10 rounder in rock n lock. Have we already excluded aluminum constuction for the weight vs. durability issue?

How about a 10 or 12 rounder that could be cut down with a removable floorplate?

I'm sure you've already considered all of this, just adding my two cents.

My welding machines can't do aluminum cleanly. So its pretty much out for the foreseeable future.

I don't see cut downs being possible.

I have a possible design that can make everything from a 2 round to a 12 round on the same tooling.

Not sure about magwell compatibility, the design we are working with right now is smaller then the factory magazine so welding on plates to fit them to each type of magwell is a possibility.

I know they are going to be heavy, and I believe your current products are built on the substantial side... but I would strongly prefer a compromise towards durability.

It needs to be able to survive being dropped repeatedly. I want to be able to do a fast change drill without denting it in.

• Like 1

I know they are going to be heavy, and I believe your current products are built on the substantial side... but I would strongly prefer a compromise towards durability.

It needs to be able to survive being dropped repeatedly. I want to be able to do a fast change drill without denting it in.

If it's ribbed for our pleasure, we shouldnt have much to worry about.

Can you make them out of 1/4" plate steel? greedy.gif I want to be able to use them as a blunt force object and projectile if needed!

CSSpecs, are your mags stamped with a single weld, or are they 4 pieces (minus lugs) for the mag body? I've never seen one of your mags in person.

What would be the interest in 3, 5, 8, 10 and 12 round capacities? With those options how many of what do you want (not looking for any preorder type thing, just what kind of popularity for each size).

As for Mag well compatibility. We would probably do that as a side project down the road if possible.

Please start out with 2 round mags, most states limit shotguns to 3 rounds total capacity for hunting. But for play 8, 10 or 12's would due.

If it's ribbed for our pleasure, we shouldnt have much to worry about.

Can you make them out of 1/4" plate steel? greedy.gif I want to be able to use them as a blunt force object and projectile if needed!

CSSpecs, are your mags stamped with a single weld, or are they 4 pieces (minus lugs) for the mag body? I've never seen one of your mags in person.

They should survive dropping better then a steel M-16 mag or M-14 mag. Bodies are two pieces with weld on reinforcements over stress points.

What would be the interest in 3, 5, 8, 10 and 12 round capacities? With those options how many of what do you want (not looking for any preorder type thing, just what kind of popularity for each size).

As for Mag well compatibility. We would probably do that as a side project down the road if possible.

Please start out with 2 round mags, most states limit shotguns to 3 rounds total capacity for hunting. But for play 8, 10 or 12's would due.

By 3 round I mean a 3-0 mag, meaning it can be inserted on an open bolt with three or on a closed bolt with 2.. Just takes away that awkward hand loading the first round. Its legal by federal migratory bird laws.

It would make more sense to manufacture a 5 round, 8 round, an internal BLOCK for the 5 round to reduce the capacity, and possibly a 10 round.

The reason the Russians did not make larger mags was due to the poor handling with them sticking out that far. 032.gif

Let's face it... If you are shooting 2 3/4" 9 pellet 00 Buck loads, that is 72 .32 caliber projectiles, being fired at the target in a couple of seconds or less, from an eight round mag! boxing.gif

Do you really NEED two more rounds before you change mags? 015.gif

Stop arguing over capacity, and get these in production!!! deadhorse.gif

Real men can do the job with one shell, which can be a whole bunch of projectiles!!!!!!! !!!!! @@@ !!!

You can buy a break action for $100 OTD. Stop arguing over capacity and pick up an NEF!

Sorry, I can't bolster my position with hidous .gifs.

Seriously though blocking 5 rounders to 3-0 is the only sensible thing to do for hunting. Please don't waste time making two rounders before you at least offer 10 & 8.

I've never fount the 10 or even the 12 to be in the way at all. The drum, yes. If the gun is handy with an 8 round mag, adding 1.5" is not going to make it clumsy.

I've never fount the 10 or even the 12 to be in the way at all. The drum, yes. If the gun is handy with an 8 round mag, adding 1.5" is not going to make it clumsy.

Maybe it is just me, but I don't like a mag hanging low on a weapon. I prefer to use a 20 round mag in an AR, and I covet my 7.62 Hungarian 20 rounders for the AK.

Now if you REALLY want to make an impression - come out with a DOUBLE STACK 12 ROUND MAG (like the rare AK74 Quad stack mags)!!! 011.gif

Real men can do the job with one shell, which can be a whole bunch of projectiles!!!!!!! !!!!! @@@ !!!

You can buy a break action for $100 OTD. Stop arguing over capacity and pick up an NEF!

Sorry, I can't bolster my position with hidous .gifs.

Seriously though blocking 5 rounders to 3-0 is the only sensible thing to do for hunting. Please don't waste time making two rounders before you at least offer 10 & 8.

We made the call today to suspend low capacity production for the time being on all products. 8 rounds will be the smallest 12 round the largest. We will make the small sizes later if/when restrictions happen.

• Like 7

You already talked about extending the feed lips, but one thing to think of when making a new mag - If you plan on using the same parts on magwell guns later, be sure to have the follower rise all the way to the top of the mag, as its needed for magwell LRBO function. It isnt needed for non magwell guns, but it doesnt hurt either, and is one less thing you will need to think about later.

Ill buy them either way, but think this is another way you can show quality of design in bringing THE most requested AK Shotgun part in the history of this forum. Just my thoughts, though. (you know i really just want that 40rd mag already)

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a suggestion, it would be great if the mags locked up almost as snug as the factory 8 round mags. I am happy to file to fit, and I think most S12 owners are used to custom fitting our mags to our guns. The way my factory 8rd fits my gun is a thing of beauty. I am happy to file to fit the sides and the lugs. That is my .02, thanks

• Like 1