steel s12 mags. Project completed.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We made the call today to suspend low capacity production for the time being on all products. 8 rounds will be the smallest 12 round the largest. We will make the small sizes later if/when restriction

Update of sorts. Ended up getting stuck on a vepr .308 batch for a few extra days. Had to come up with a new clamping fixture for the S-12 since the first one gave me a sore elbow in 20 parts, took a

He has already said in this thread first batch will be 8 rounders.   I want larger magazines, but mostly I look forward to that first batch and I want that first batch to be good, and I want it as

Posted Images

The other two partners (Father and brother) voted for black out until after the holidays.

I figure I can say this:

First run if everything works, will be 8 round.

I am interested in what the spring length and pressure is in a factory 8 round, compared to a 5 round.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GunFun" data-cid="839895" data-time="1357206964"><p>

It's after the holidays. Do we get presents soon? Or maybe some teaser pics of the prototypes?</p></blockquote>

"Should old mag shortage

be forgot

And new

steel mags draw nigh!

Should old mag shortage

be forgot

And new

steel mags draw nigh!"

• Like 1

its understandable. seeing as how this is your livlihood, you know more about it then we do. i have zero idea of what is involved in getting this going, but i'm sure as you've noticed, given the current state, there are maybe, just a couple people interested.nothing.gif

thank you for considering this project, as well as the time you have invested into it, i for one, am very grateful for your endevours.

• Like 1

Well, I wouldn't blame you for using existing dies to crank out your high demand items as fast as you can for the next few weeks.

That would give you some working capital right about now.

We use the same mill in production for making front and back lugs that is used to make tooling. My brother operates the mill and I've had him running front and back lugs for the last two weeks.

He just started making tooling today and should at least have some progress on it shortly.

• Like 2
Well, I wouldn't blame you for using existing dies to crank out your high demand items as fast as you can for the next few weeks.

That would give you some working capital right about now.

And he only raised the price of his mags what, a couple of bucks each? Talk about letting a good crisis go to waste... 011.gif

FANTASTIC! Glad you guys are making headway. Like I said, keep us posted on when to expect to buy. Do we have a certain price point (ballpark) we are aiming for?

Man, developing and making things like that is my dream job. If I never work my career around to it, I'll definitely be doing it in retirement. It's the one thing in my engineering schooling I was REALLY passionate about. Jealous of you guys making it happen...

• 2 weeks later...

He has already said in this thread first batch will be 8 rounders.

I want larger magazines, but mostly I look forward to that first batch and I want that first batch to be good, and I want it as soon as practical for CSSpecs. I'd rather keep things simple and get the 8s soon than burden him with troubleshooting several sizes at once.

• Like 4
He has already said in this thread first batch will be 8 rounders.

I want larger magazines, but mostly I look forward to that first batch and I want that first batch to be good, and I want it as soon as practical for CSSpecs. I'd rather keep things simple and get the 8s soon than burden him with troubleshooting several sizes at once.

never mind then.

Well, considering that many people have tried to make a steel S12 magazine, I will take what I can get, and like it. Heck, I bought a Saiga 20 just because Ccspecs made a steel magazine for it. No joke! If he can't make a steel mag for the S12, I seriously might sell mine to finance a second S20.

• 1 month later...

Park does not have as much surface hardness, and its hard to get it done in FL. The environmental impact fee is as much as the finish, none of the big industrial places have it.

Black nitride is actually pretty amazing for corrosion resistance.