steel s12 mags. Project completed.

So if other companies in your industry are any indication, each version needs to be treated as the coming of a new era, with parades and hyperventilating youtube videos.

I've got a Beta V 1, you are probably holding Beta V2, Gen 1 is in the works, and If you drill some witness holes in it for the few who want it, that's "Gen 1 +"  CSSpecs Mags, with extra tactical followers. Paint some pink or blue and they are rare Limited Edition.

Change the surface finish, and stamp another contour into the base plate and we can throw a tickertape parade.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We made the call today to suspend low capacity production for the time being on all products. 8 rounds will be the smallest 12 round the largest. We will make the small sizes later if/when restriction

Update of sorts. Ended up getting stuck on a vepr .308 batch for a few extra days. Had to come up with a new clamping fixture for the S-12 since the first one gave me a sore elbow in 20 parts, took a

He has already said in this thread first batch will be 8 rounders.   I want larger magazines, but mostly I look forward to that first batch and I want that first batch to be good, and I want it as

Posted Images

So if other companies in your industry are any indication, each version needs to be treated as the coming of a new era, with parades and hyperventilating youtube videos.

I've got a Beta V 1, you are probably holding Beta V2, Gen 1 is in the works, and If you drill some witness holes in it for the few who want it, that's "Gen 1 +"  CSSpecs Mags, with extra tactical followers. Paint some pink or blue and they are rare Limited Edition.

Change the surface finish, and stamp another contour into the base plate and we can throw a tickertape parade.

I've always hated that.. When you see that crap its always marketing trying to pump people up. I'm actually in the whole process so its hard for me to make anything a big deal.. I hate that I'm going to have two variations out there..

I was going to do a limited edition, but it was going to come as a four pack in a painted wood crate with Cyrillic font lettering, like old surplus imports. Thought it would be kinda cool.

Beefcake:

Trying to remember if the finish was thin on yours.. It should not rust very easy.

If they are rusting in normal use I'll have to figure out something to seal the coating.

mine had a little hue to it from the get go I seem to remember, It has been under my bed in the gun for a couple weeks

Ok, It probably had rust under the finish to start with, we used our in shop inventory steel for the test batch. When we do production its all new clean steel which helps the finish a lot.

The shop that did the finish ran it on the secondary line. The primary line has less issues with thin finishes, and they have a new computer controlled line that should be up and running now. So hopefully the next couple mags you get have a much better finish.

I was joking, but that limited edition actually sounds pretty cool. Do you know if the crate would fit nicely under the edge of my bed all loaded up?

Hard to say what it would fit under.. They will probably be made to fit one of the USPS flat rate boxes, probably the large or regional B  

if its the large it will be roughly 12" x 12" x 5-1/2"

and if its the reg B it will be roughly 12" x 10-1/4 x 5"

I'm still working on that project.. It won't be for the first couple batches.

• Like 1

Yes, we start work on the mag bodies Thursday morning, several parts are already done. I'm going to push hard to have them done quickly. But I doubt they will ship before the holidays. 

This batch will NEVER work in any shotgun with a follower feeling LRBHO. Future batches will have that feature added once I get the tool made, and corrected rear lugs.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Update of sorts. Ended up getting stuck on a vepr .308 batch for a few extra days. Had to come up with a new clamping fixture for the S-12 since the first one gave me a sore elbow in 20 parts, took a couple days to come up with the new unit but its almost effortless (almost).. We should be done with welding them Tomorrow afternoon. Then they go to the finishers.

We shot our test models a lot and hand cycled several thousand rounds.. So far everything is looking good.

Testers will get the first go with finished units, and from there we hope to release them slowly to see how they do.. Its a small batch so its not crippling if something is wrong, but so far testing has been very good to us.

I held back enough pieces to test the LRBHO feed lip assembly... I'll report how that goes.

• Like 4

Been a long time since "Saiga Solutions" notice I read in 04/05, about making American made steel mags. 1st time really noticed/paid attention to S-12 was in 04 when son sent home pics of crated original pistol grip Saigas found in Irag whare house with the 8rd mags. Those mags, $200+ dollars if found in US, so found an importer/private seller in New Zealand and got a dozen at $75 a piece delivered in 06, back when Tony had S-12's in stock and had it converted with all you wanted done in 3 to 4 weeks.

It will be done through our website.. This is a large test batch.. My laser cutter has a minimum order fee that made a larger batch fairly attractive.

The first 12 test mags probably cost $900+ each due to the tooling costs.. This batch is not as bad..

It will be done through our website.. This is a large test batch.. My laser cutter has a minimum order fee that made a larger batch fairly attractive.

The first 12 test mags probably cost $900+ each due to the tooling costs.. This batch is not as bad..

Holy crap! That's an expensive magazine!

Limited first run prototype. Collectible. #X of 13...

I really hope your investment and work pays off. It was flattering when I though you had trusted me with a ~$300 mag... 

I was just talking to my partners about that... We are thinking of listing them tonight and letting a small amount go.. Not the whole batch, just a small pile of them.

If you have the means to monitor how long it takes for them to sell out, I bet you would be amazed how quickly they go!

Well feel free.. Limit 5 per person. Limited availability

Testers are still getting theirs first. Already have the shipping labels (if your address changed, better say something)..

And to a limited degree I can see what people are doing on the website.