steel s12 mags. Project completed.

Nice video gunfun.

So, how are you supposed to pronounce it anyway? CS Specs or CSS pecs? ;-) What does that stand for?

Post 582, http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/11660-what-does-your-screenname-mean/page-20

I don't know how to pronounce it I just remember reading it in that thread.

Yup, its just my gamer tag. 

It was actually a joke that stuck.. Now I'm stuck with that forever.

I say as: C S specs

One day I'll come up with a unique name that people can say.

We actually had a really witty acronym.

Civilian Sport Shooting Product & Equipment Creation Service.... But its a little long for a letter head..

Thats an awesome name. Heck I'd just go with it lol

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We made the call today to suspend low capacity production for the time being on all products. 8 rounds will be the smallest 12 round the largest. We will make the small sizes later if/when restriction

Update of sorts. Ended up getting stuck on a vepr .308 batch for a few extra days. Had to come up with a new clamping fixture for the S-12 since the first one gave me a sore elbow in 20 parts, took a

He has already said in this thread first batch will be 8 rounders.   I want larger magazines, but mostly I look forward to that first batch and I want that first batch to be good, and I want it as

Posted Images

Ok here's the thing, I was planning on doing a video showing the abuse I have been putting it through. My plan was to get some some footage of me throwing the mag around, dropping it and beating it on shit, before I shot it. What happened basically is that my camera buddy couldn't come to man the camera, and once I got out there is was too cold to really spend the time I wanted to take to do a good torture test video. So what you see there is me halfway almost deciding to start beating up the mag real good before shooting that last mag, but deciding instead to just shoot the mag. After I turned the camera off I started setting up the camera differently to try to do a good abuse video, but my hands were freezing and that gave me the excuse to decide that the video just wasn't going to turn out well. So I called it a day and now the video has that weird inadvertent physical Freudian slip. Lol. I plan to do a good torture test video of me trying to tear up the mag a little bit. I have been dropping it, throwing it, and beating it on stuff ever sense I got it, somewhat to see if it could take it, but mainly because it seems like it can. So far I have yet to have any malfunction whatsoever and I have been very rough with it. But yeah it is a weird part of the video, similar to what Gunfun said, when the camera turns on I do odd shit.

Oh ok.. Makes sense.

I'm going to guess that dents are entirely possible to generate.

In testing Poly normally wins in drop tests, metal has a few big advantages in long term stress and cold weather.

In Aks the drop test that metal wins at is when locked in the gun.. Such as the arsenal circle 10 drop videos.

However, I would not subject a firearm to that treatment since it could cause damage to the firearm.

• Like 1

The last two times I went out it was right around 10 degrees and I have been dropping it on concrete and hitting the rear lug. To me it seems like you could drive a nail with the back lug(I may do that). I won't be dropping my gun intentionally because I like it too much, but I have been dropping the mag fully loaded. I figured if I really beat it up I would get a few dents but I am OK with that and it has not dented yet. I'm sure that the poly mags would hold up pretty good to dropping but honestly I would not drop my polys fully loaded on concrete even if they would hold up. Obviously the steel lugs on these mags will not break easily so I am kinda just doing things I would not do with the polys. I plan on getting some video of my abuse of this mag but I don't want to ruin my polys so I won't be doing a side by side test, mainly because it is clear that the steel is gonna win especially in the frigid cold. If I do end up tearing the mag up that's OK with me as I view this as a test mag and I will buy more, I just want to see what they can take. I want to be clear about something, I am very confident that the izzy8 can hold up to being dropped and thrown around also, when I say I am not confident that my polys would hold up to serious abuse I am mainly referring to the back lugs of the non-reinforced domestic mags in frigid cold. Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't but I'm not gonna find out. I am going to get some more testing in this weekend but at the moment I can't get down my driveway due to the snow.

Sorry to give a boring report, but I took a few people from school out today and the magazines functioned flawlessly. 

I'd guess 175 ish rounds were fired, and maybe a third of those through CSSpecs mags. 

• Like 1

Got it today

Fit it to one,the other has a factory mag catch and would take alot more fitting.

May work with lrbho as is. Going shooting tomorrow.

This mag is awesome!

Worked great need to mod hold open alittle but worked great all around.

Nothing, couldn't get it to do it again, didn't see much grit in it, cleaned it out and the follower will slide end to end just fine.

My only guess would be temp, but it was colder when K.o.t.H. went testing.

Might have to stick it and some ammo in my freezer and see if that does anything.

Maybe there was a bulge on the shells or a burr on the rim. The only times I've had lifting issues with my SGM mags were due to chewed up rims making the shell effectively wider at the rim due to opposing extractor marks, and in one case just a defective rim from the factory. (And one of those was a full 12 rounder of 3" mags that were kinda chewed up)

I'd agree that it could have been a slightly burred rim.. Sometimes they don't cause a problem and feed like normal.

Do you recall if you loaded on a closed or open bolt. I have found that the shells are less deformed loading on an open bolt. I'm sure that would translate to a improved function with a large volume of shells.

Open bolt, this mag is much harder to load on a closed bolt than the SGMs, so I haven't gotten good at it yet

You have to be a lot more deliberate about pushing up before pushing forward, because the shell sits higher in the mag, and the front lug is smaller.

Yes.

But I switched them over at home to see if it had any effect that I would be able to see at home, and it didn't.

I couldn't get it to do it at home even with my most beat up shells. (some dummy rounds I made for practicing reloads)

• 2 weeks later...