What types of supplies, besides a generator, should one have to prepare for a long term power outage? I have some supplies, just wondering what you guys do to prepare for living without power.

What do we do?

We prepare WELL IN ADVANCE, not on the day the storm hits. biggrin.png

Essentials:

Water

Meds/GOOD First Aid kit

Water

Sanitation supplies

Water

Foods that don't require refrigeration/prep

Did I mention water?

Heat source for home

Firearm and ammo, of course.

Cell phone.

...and a radio

This will get you through the worst of it.

I would add to that caffeine, nicotine and alcohol...:)

• Like 1

Well, the morning after reveals mayhem and destruction throughout the tri-state area. Can't go to work and just trying to help out friends and neighbors with power and anything else... Brother trapped in his building downtown NYC since yesterday morning, an engineer in the old Verizon building on the east side. Friend lost his roof. But thank God, everyone is OK, relatively... Might as well go to the range after helping out a few people.

nyclu3

• Like 5

King good luck wherever you are. 60% of my town is in the dark. Were right on long oslmd sound so they shut down our sewage treatment plant for a few hours at the height of the storm surge. Have a wood and gas stove so well be good here. Sharing our generator with our neighbors to keep our fridges cold. This was hyped pretty big and in some areas they got fucked hard by sandy. Overall I think more people were prepared at least in CT. Hope y'all that got hit are well and safe and prayers for all of you.