Got rpk hand gards on ! AND molot wood stock

Took about 2 and a half hours to get the bottom one on. Needed a lot shaved out of the inside rear. Tab also needed a lot taken off of it to fit into the receiver. Front of it didn't need any taken off to fit into retainer. Top hand guard was a mother f'er took a hour or 2. Found out I had to twist it out. The plactic didn't want to come out for nothing. I put vice grips on the front of the tube and hit the plastic with a hammer. It finally rolled out of it. The wood had to be sanded on the front and rear edge to fit in the gas tube. I Bought the molot wood stock from Atlantic. It looked alright one ding in it, no clear finish and no sling latch. What I noticed was that its not stained but more like PAINTED WITH FLAT BLACK SPRAY PAINT. Didn't like it so much so I figured it stain it to match the gaurds. After a hour of sanding it was stained and cleared. I then put on the sling latch from the tapco stock. Next I think I need a fat wood grip :) Pic time :

post-33408-0-74572400-1351473767_thumb.jpg

post-33408-0-48541500-1351473934_thumb.jpg

post-33408-0-53457900-1351474086_thumb.jpg

post-33408-0-85599100-1351474226_thumb.jpg

post-33408-0-72439200-1351474344_thumb.jpg

post-33408-0-11025300-1351474402_thumb.jpg

post-33408-0-65028400-1351474631_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Wood looks nice.

Question ... what is the muzzle device that you added that runs clear back to the sight block?

That Vepr-12 is not mine :( , the muzzle device is Molot (cylinder choke) slotted flash hinder, that comes with every Vepr-12. Device is similar to this US copy http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-923/MD-ARMS-SAIGA-12/Detail .

Edited by PapaZorro

That looks great, good stuff.

Have you found a butt plate that will work? I'm assuming it's a standard AK size stock.

Question ... what is the muzzle device that you added that runs clear back to the sight block?

It's just a barrel shroud, "the thing that goes up".

No, I meant the muzzle device on the last photo of the OP post. Some sort of barrel shroud with silver golf ball dimples on it. Just curious what that is, purpose, who makes it, etc. Just an interesting look.

I like the wood project though.big_smile.gif

Yep, Mullet is right. That's the shoulder thing that goes up!

No, I meant the muzzle device on the last photo of the OP post. Some sort of barrel shroud with silver golf ball dimples on it. Just curious what that is, purpose, who makes it, etc. Just an interesting look.

I like the wood project though.big_smile.gif

Sorry, we were having a bit of fun at your (and Carolyn McCarthy) expense there!

Got it. There were multiple posts going on. I found what I was looking for. Googled "Saiga 12 barrel shroud" and found quite the selection. Something different in terms of looks.