2nd Saiga almost done

Ordered a Kushnapup for my 223. It came pretty fast. Installation ended up being a pita. Probably just my bad luck. I spent hours filing trying to get the gaps to sit right. I ended up tightening the screws in a different sequence and it worked out for me. The barrel sits a little crooked on the stock. Quality is ok. It arrived to my house with a broken tab. The box appeared fine but is was packaged with plastic sitting on plastic, no protection at all. No big deal for me as the tab is for the fore end screw on a Saiga 12. I ended up not using the trigger spring and replaced the plastic tube with a smaller aluminum one from Ace hardware. The factory tube would not let safety engage. I plugged the front sling hole with a plastic plug also from Ace. The sling mount looked cheap to me. The rear sight was not usable after installation. This bothered me. I filed the factory rear sight and drilled a hole in it. If I the flip the sight up so far it will catch on the spring and be secure. Looking through it makes me think I drilled a little to big but who knows I may like it at the range. I still need to paint also. Anyways heres the pics. I need some ideas for a red dot and a rail. I do not want to modify the gun or stock. Any help would be appreciated.

post-38816-0-74793400-1351636752_thumb.jpg

post-38816-0-39129500-1351636764_thumb.jpg

post-38816-0-73246000-1351636778_thumb.jpg

post-38816-0-16150400-1351636926_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow: pictures and review at once?

Thanks, Bro!

I am intrigued; need to look it up for a "mutt gun".

Good job!

Keep us updated and post the range report.

P.S. I concur on Ultimak for this setup.

If you're value oriented, then look for Primary Arms scopes.

If money is not an object, then look at Aimpoint, EOTech, ACOG or HAMR (not necessarily "red dots"; rather "fast acquisition").

Edited by Sgt. Raven

Thanks.. Yeah I am thinking about a primary arms micro dot if they are ever in stock. I might try a rear sight rail for a mount but I am afraid it will sit to low. I really dont wont to hack the stock up for a rail.

The stock is cool looking and comfortable. More of a novelty to add to my collection. Feels like it will be fun to shoot. I am going to the range on Friday and can post details if anyone is interested. Funny thing is I bought another 223 today to put a scope on and convert. These things are addicting. I figured I should scoop another up while they are 380 and available. From what I understand they are on discontinued.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...