Canted Top Cover, and warrantee issues

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think the U.S. customer's care whether the cant effects accuracy or POI. What they care about, is their gun not looking like a fucked up piece of shit.   Tony

It appears that the problem most likely originates from inconsistent "spring-back" of the sheet metal top cover when it is released from the form die. Could be issues with the substrate material or t

We feel that if a gun is defective out of the box the shipping should be covered both ways making a customer pay ship on a defective item only adds insult to injury.

Posted Images

They look totally factory from the outside of the receiver. This is what it looks like from the inside.

IMG_1442.jpg

Nice, that's nothing a little paint job can't fix. It'll look just like new again. Glad to know you got it all sorted out with a good experience from it. I may send mine in also (I'm just a tad bit too attached to it at the moment).

That looks pretty straight. Did you figure out why it was canted?

Quality control at factory. I don't think any of the three sighting points (front sight, rear leaf, and rail) are perfectly inline as they should. It is too bad.

What was the fix? Did it just pop back into place or did you have to do anything else to it?

What was the fix? Did it just pop back into place or did you have to do anything else to it?

I popped the rear leaf sight out and filed off 0.010 off the top of the pivot pin on the right side to bring the rear of the sight up level.

Not the best solution, but the easiest.

I think the shotguns are just not straight anywhere from factory.

Edited by lokmeup

that makes me think the holes on the rear sight base were drilled a little off, causing the sight to be crooked. I'll prob just file the pivot pin down like you did. I'm thinking the holes on the rear sight base that hinge the dust cover were also drilled slightly off. This might be an easy fix for that problem too if the hing pin can be removed easily. My rail seems to be riveted to the dust cover straight, it's just that the dust cover isn't mounted straight.

Hello all, I ordered through MAA (they were awesome to deal it, BTW), picked it up yesterday. Rail is canted to the left, rear sight appears to be canted to the right. It's hard to tell as I've been looking at it and finger banging it almost constantly since picking it up. I tried to capture the cant the best I could in photos.

Vepr_12_Cant_2.jpg

Vepr_12_Cant_1.jpg

And one with the black weapons...

Black_Weapons.jpg

I've already registered it with WPA and contacted TGI on the issue, awaiting a response. This thread has helped immensely with the cant. The community has helped to set me back a $1000+ with all of your beautiful and sexy weapons. I just had to have one. Thanks guys!!! All a great firearm, would do it again in a heartbeat.

I got mine back this week after sending it in for warranty work to fix the canted sight. Came back fine. Turn around was reasonable - I think I got it back within 2 weeks of them receiving it and Thanksgiving was in there somewhere so...

I was disappointed I had to ship a brand new, $1000+ firearm back and eat $30 on the shipping....but I got it fixed in a reasonable time so I'll move on with life and enjoy my badass shotgun.

I got mine back this week after sending it in for warranty work to fix the canted sight. Came back fine. Turn around was reasonable - I think I got it back within 2 weeks of them receiving it and Thanksgiving was in there somewhere so...

I was disappointed I had to ship a brand new, $1000+ firearm back and eat $30 on the shipping....but I got it fixed in a reasonable time so I'll move on with life and enjoy my badass shotgun.

They made you pay for shipping? You should call TGI and the seller about that. TGI sent me out a free FedEx shipping label.

Their is a good chance Atlantic Firearms played a big part in expediting my warranty work/experience.

They made you pay for shipping? You should call TGI and the seller about that. TGI sent me out a free FedEx shipping label.

Their is a good chance Atlantic Firearms played a big part in expediting my warranty work/experience.

TGI didn't handle my warranty work, so that's probably why.

Who did?

Who did?

THE IMPORTER. WPA. COME ON!

Who did?

Well, you said it like it was some random other person. They should have still covered the shipping.

HIGH Caliber, Your RSB doesnt look canted. Try taking off your rear leaf and see if theres any burrs or something that may not be letting it seat properly before sending it off.

I don't see any burrs when I look at it, like I said in the previous post it's difficult to capture in photos. It seems obvious when shouldering the shotgun. Besides the rail is canted as well. TGI contacted me today and will be sending me a FedEx shipping label for them to repair it and return it to me. They are stepping up and fixing it as they should, this is unacceptable on a $1000+ shotgun. Thanks for the help though.

Who did?

Well, you said it like it was some random other person. They should have still covered the shipping.

Purchased from Mississippi Auto Arms, who directed me to contact SGM Tactical for warranty work, and was told to mail it to Mach 1 Arsenal. Hope that clears up the confusion.

Like I said...the work was done in a timely manner with good communication so I have no complaints there. I was just miffed that it had to be done at all. It would have taken 5 seconds to shoulder the gun and see the issue before it went out. And saved me $30 and a couple weeks without it.

Edited by evo462
  • 2 weeks later...

The problem with canted rails is the following, the guy who is responsible for fixing rails and dust cover Did Not Red His Working Instruction, and din not follow the technological process!

Before assembly the Rails and the Dust Cover are straight.

To avoid counted rails rivets MUST place as following: the first is fixing THE FIRST Rivet (the big one) , then THE THIRD Rivet and the last is fixing SECOND (middle) Rivet !!! The stupid guy fixed the rails the following: First, Second, Third - so the rails are canted.

THE FIRST rivet head is differ in high from similar SECOND and THIRD rivets.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got mine. My rail is almost straight when the dust cover is closed. It looks horrible when open and there is considerable wear on the receiver from forcing the dust cover over to the right when closing. It's too bad.. Also my top hand guard is really rough and the lower hand guard is flaking in spots. One side of the dust cover has a smooth finish...the other side a rough one. I have not shot it yet so hopefully after shooting it I will feel better about the purchase.

topcover_zpsa19a0a36.jpg

It doesn't matter if the cover/rail is tweaked while open, only if it is canted while closed. The slight twist while open actually lends to a tight fit while closed. Exactly what you want if you have optics mounted on the rail.

Wear from the cover and safety lever is normal.