Star Wars Episode 7... Due out 2015... YES!!!!

Rumor has it Disney bought the rights to continue the saga... and episodes 7, 8, and 9 are planned!!!!

Thats AWESOME!!!! not sure how many of you all grew up LOVING the Star Wars saga... but it CONTINUES!!!!!

Thats the best news I have heard all day!!! Spoilers are available on the web to the plot of 7 already... looks GOOD!!!!! :up:

:smoke:

Hope that Disney keeps the vision that Lucas had for it. I was shocked to hear about this on the radio coming home from work this morning. Can't wait to tell my son when he gets out of school today. It's funny I grew up loving Darth Vader as my favorite bad guy, and he grew up loving Darth Maul as his. It's been great for us to be able to share Star Wars and bridge the generational gap. After December 21st passes with out incident I be able to relax more and wait with anticipation for the release in 2015. haha.gif

Wow! I REALLY hope they put in another character Who talks like an annoying Baby, and doesn't shut-up!!! Like maybe the Cat from "Mr. Rodgers" ....."Meow meow use the force meow meow" "Meow meow where's meow meow Jar-jar Meow meow?"

Kinda like me. eh?

Sorry guys.....the last 3 "Prequils" still have me gagging up a little vomit every time I think of them........And I saw the original, in the theater...one long line for that one! But please, the horse is DEAD.

EDIT: oh and adding all of the NEW CG effects to "A new Hope" was nothing more than Masturation.

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 2

Disney can't do much worse than Jar-Jar.

Never say never . . .We have Berry Obuhmer to deal with already.

Because that has anything to do with Star Wars and Disney....?

Anyway... I applaud any effort to take Star Wars away from Lucas at this point in his life... but having it bought by Disney is like having CPS take a child away from their insane parents only to foster them at the Neverland Ranch. Odds are that Disney won't revive the actual saga and start with an Episode 7... they're more likely to make spin off movies like those Ewok movies from the eighties.

• Like 2

I'm okay with Disney buying Lucasfilm. I think Goofy would be a fine replacement for Jar Jar! :D

I saw one rumor already that the last 3 parts "could" be based on the Timothy Zahn books. I did enjoy those, along with quite a few of the other books based on the Star Wars worlds.

• Like 1

Rumor has it Disney bought the rights to continue the saga... and episodes 7, 8, and 9 are planned!!!!

Thats AWESOME!!!! not sure how many of you all grew up LOVING the Star Wars saga... but it CONTINUES!!!!!

Thats the best news I have heard all day!!! Spoilers are available on the web to the plot of 7 already... looks GOOD!!!!! 032.gif

000.gif

I assume this is a poor attempt to be facetious.

A 3 part series on the adventures of Jar Jar! YAY! horror.gif

As some of you may know, I've had a side business designing custom lightsaber props. I'm most known for the "Killer Penny" saber, so called for the almost 3 pounds of copper it took to make it. It houses a 5 watt Luxeon LED with 3 degree focusing lens that lights up a polycarbonate "blade". Overdriven slightly to around 180 lumens.

whole1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCQ658Rho1M

Another saber I helped design. Some time later, the owner sold it to me.Loosely based on an Ep 1 Obi Wan.

MaiYuuncollage2.jpg

Edited by Corbin
  • Like 2

I hope it's good, but I doubt it will be. The era of good acting, good plots, and good actual physical special effects

have been replaced by poor acting, bad plots, and CGI to distract you from the fail.

Episode 1 was horrible. 2 was ok, 3 was halfway decent. I hated the revisionist history to jam all the characters in there.

No, Threepio was not made by Anakin. No, Artoo was not made by Naboo (he was Incom). Etc, Etc.

Thrawn's series would work. Also the series with Daala. Anything past that starts getting really gay, really fast, especially

when they off Chewbacca. Retaking of Coruscant, the Lubyanka SSD, anything with Kessel and the Maw and Qwi Xux, those

would all be good plots.

However, they'll probably write something original, with Jar Jar, the Bothans, the Ewoks, and all the other parts that sucked.

Here's what was right about the first three, and wrong about the second three: The first three were about the Rebel Alliance vs

the Empire. The prequels were about the Force, and the Jedi. The originals were about a bunch of awesome pilots and characters

with shitty planes, outflying the Evil Bad Guys. The new movies were about a Force Dynasty and gay power politics.

I want A wings, I want B wings. I want the Tie Defender and the E wing. I want the Falcon to cause THREE star destroyers to crash into

each other this time. I want to see Han DO the Kessel Run. I want another Super Star Destroyer, and Jabba's even uglier sister.

I want to see Chewie lose a game of Sabacc and actually rip someone's arm off.

I don't want Jar Jar, or Naboo, or droid armies, or Jedi.

• Like 1

A 3 part series on the adventures of Jar Jar! YAY! horror.gif

As some of you may know, I've had a side business designing custom lightsaber props. I'm most known for the "Killer Penny" saber, so called for the almost 3 pounds of copper it took to make it. It houses a 5 watt Luxeon LED with 3 degree focusing lens that lights up a polycarbonate "blade". Overdriven slightly to around 180 lumens.

whole1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCQ658Rho1M

Another saber I helped design. Some time later, the owner sold it to me.Loosely based on an Ep 1 Obi Wan.

MaiYuuncollage2.jpg

So ya that's fucking amazing, I'm not really into Star Wars and I want one. The copper!!!

how much? *sits down and grabs arm rests and braces*015.gif

Surely this will not be like Peter Jackson skull f***ing Lord of the Rings....surely not...

I think I've read that trilogy probably 4 times. I am by no means an expert. However, while

I did notice differences and omissions in the movies, I didn't think they were too bad.

Apparently you do. Could you comment on what upset you so?

Surely this will not be like Peter Jackson skull f***ing Lord of the Rings....surely not...

I think I've read that trilogy probably 4 times. I am by no means an expert. However, while

I did notice differences and omissions in the movies, I didn't think they were too bad.

Four times? And you found this treatment of the great man's work acceptable???

Let us just say compared to what happened to LoR, Star Wars I II & III were Oscar material.

As an example had Jackson done Saving Private Ryan there would have been a French landing zone and Capt Miller would have never gotten off the beach.

If hell existed many would hope a special part of it was reserved for that pos Jackson.

I'll get excited when they bring back Firefly

Funny you should mention this but it's a good comparison, or illustration of the differences or things lacking in the Star Wars prequels. There's no denying the production value of these movies, the lush sets and flawless CGI but there was something about them, no spirit, no emotion, they seemed sterile to me. Firefly on the other was done on a fraction of the budget yet it drew you in, the characters were/are believable, there's real emotion....this is all just me, I'm no film expert (notice I didn't say "critic") but I do have the whole FF series and "Serenity" on disk...none of the SW prequels.

Again, would you care to be specific? Or do you just want to continue in hysteria?

I'd be interested in knowing what evokes such emotion also. I read these books nearly 40 years ago and I have the extended editions of the trilogy on disk, nearly 3 hours each. You could say doing the books "justice" is impossible but my opinion is Jackson didn't do a bad job.

What are your complaints?

It also helps to read Tolkien's own extended universe material if you haven't.

He made some huge canon breaches (elves at the Hornburg) and ruined pretty much every single character in various ways. He also turned the Dead Men into a Deus Ex Machina, which is bad story telling no matter how you look at it.

He did make some good and/or necessary (for film) alterations, but he screwed up so much stuff that it's definitely Jackson's LoTR and not Tolkien's in any way.

This guy does a good explaining some of the problems http://bucketoftongu...d-of-rings.html

oh yeah and might as well throw this in here since LoTR came up in a SW topic....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxAEo3CWeq8

Edited by sidewinderl

I think John Carter, which was done by Disney, is how they should approach the new series. I thought that movie, despite poor box office numbers was very reminiscent of the first Star Wars (since Star Wars was loosely based on the source material of John Carter).

I agree that watching a popsicle stick with a drawn-on face or even emotionless Keanu Reeves could have done better than Hayden Christensen. Episode 1-3 were awful and reminiscent of re-eating your own vomit. The only slight exception to that would be kung-fu Yoda.

• Like 1