US version or the Vepr style brake now shipping

US version or the Vepr style brake now shipping.

Our production cost came in much higher than first expected and we also had them Nituf hard coated for the most durable finish.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-1577/MOLOT-GK-dsh-01-VEPR-SAIGA/Detail?sfs=436a797a

post-9063-0-28084200-1351804414.jpg

• Like 1

I noticed that you have the three slots running on both sides of your version of the brake(or so it seems in the pic) where the original Molot GK-01 has the three slots only on the right side. Is there a specific reason for this? Does it help increase the function of the brake over the original or have you done side by side test fires? Just curious as I was thinking of getting a GK-01 or your US version for my Vepr when she arrives and noticed the slight difference. Thanks

Oh yeah I was gonna ask if you have any other pics of your brake from different angles...or if you have a Molot GK-01 it would be nice to see a side by side comparison photo. Thanks again

Edited by raidersfan_5544

I noticed that you have the three slots running on both sides of your version of the brake(or so it seems in the pic) where the original Molot GK-01 has the three slots only on the right side. Is there a specific reason for this? Does it help increase the function of the brake over the original or have you done side by side test fires? Just curious as I was thinking of getting a GK-01 or your US version for my Vepr when she arrives and noticed the slight difference. Thanks

When testing the factory brake with hotter ammo like buck shot and slugs we had a lot of rear push straight back even though there was no muzzle rise. We enlarged the right front ports and then added smaller left side ports which helped with the brake pushing straight back and maintained the zero rise.

It also looks like the vertical chambers are angled, unlike Molot. Not a bad change, just not identical.

Same angle the original. The side ports are the only change to keep the gun from pushing straight back as hard..

• Like 1

Got mine today. Looks like a very nice piece and as usual, shipping was fast. Hope it's OK to post these pics here. I will be travelling a lot the next two weeks so I won't likely get a chance to shoot with it until Thanksgiving.

My scale is likely not all that accurate and shows it at 7.3 oz

VEPRBrake4.jpg

VEPRBrake8.jpg

VEPRBrake7.jpg

VEPRBrake1.jpg

VEPRBrake3.jpg

VEPRBrake2.jpg

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

But that would not help length if going for 18.5 overall with brake

Any way to legally permanently attach it to shorter barrel?

Thanks

Yes you can have it permanently attached.

• 2 weeks later...