Gotta have a new stock. Suggestions.

I was going to go with just a Kvar wasr stock but I got my eye on some others.

I want something very comfortable.

Anyone used the CSS Raptor skeletal stock? I like it. and is that a butt pad on it?

Any suggestions on other stocks welcome.

i'm looking at this set up. thinking on absorbing some of the recoil, seems like it punches a little harder than the s12....

DSC03676.JPG

with one of these...

GLS_1.jpg

the above is a g-shock....looks decent in my eyes. gonna have a shave a little off the above tube for it to go in (receiver) but don't look like no big deal IMHO.

Edited by adjc

they the new SOCOM from B5 Systems...

I dont follow. More info?

I have the raptor on the 223 with the 1" pad to make it longer. Not sure of your LOP, mine likes longer stocks. adjc has the right idea I think, follow Greg at CSS.

ya I like the stock he posted too. My LOP is medium I do fine with a WASR on my 762 but would prefer a bit longer for the shotgun.

The commercial tube will not fit the "mil spec" stock correct? I dont see the adapter I need for the mil spec tube and stock. maybe im not looking in the right place.

Or I wonder if there is not a huge difference in size of the MIl spec and commercial.

Edited by Chevyman097

The commercial tube will not fit the "mil spec" stock correct? I dont see the adapter I need for the mil spec tube and stock. maybe im not looking in the right place.

Or I wonder if there is not a huge difference in size of the MIl spec and commercial.

the stock i posted above....their website states that it will fit either tubes. gonna call them in the morning and do some investigating, i like the fact that it absorbs some recoil and looks good. shoulder can't take as much as it use too, gettin' old changes things. i use the grenade pad on my s12 makes a big difference, but ugly as hell.

I just tried to swap my tapco t6 stock from my rifle to my VEPR and it wont fit. Is this a tapco specific issue or do other saiga stocks not fit the VEPR? Anyone have input yet?

Or maybe its a saiga issue too. Ive never had to mod it to fit my rifles, maybe it needs it to fit s12...too

The receiver on the Vepr is thicker than on the s12, you will have to shave a bit off of the sides for it to slide in.

I figured something like that. OK well ill just not bother. I was just gonna swap untill my other stock came in. I dont want to make it fit any worse on the rifle.