Triggers

Does the Tromix and Tapco G2 sets simply drop into the Vepr with no modification?

Any other sets recommended for the Vepr?

Which one to go with, and why?

The Tromix modified Tapco drops in with no mods.

• Like 1

Does the Tromix and Tapco G2 sets simply drop into the Vepr with no modification?

Any videos or detailed photo instructions for this drop in??? LOL

I'm a Rookie !!!

i was going to suggest a video from youtube, but it is for saiga and ak variants , but this is a vepr the only real hard problem for the install is getting the retaining plate out it is different than a tapco or a krebs one. the vepr locks itself in, where as a tapco and krebs use the safety lever to lock it in. if i get the time and find a camera i will post something. but you should look at youtube or carolina shooting supplys video how tos on the top of the website page. but goto

it shows the basic, at the end he installs a krebs retaing plate it is all most the same as the vepr but the vepr plate you have to use a flathead screw driver and push the end of the plate out from the wall and then tap it out to rear just look how he install the plate you will get the idea. then all you hae to do is tap out the 2 pins of the triggrer and hammer that it. easy. Edited by plattner01
  • Like 2

but this is a vepr the only real hard problem for the install is getting the retaining plate out it is different than a tapco or a krebs one. the vepr locks itself in, where as a tapco and krebs use the safety lever to lock it in. if i get the time and find a camera i will post something. but you should look at youtube or carolina shooting supplys video how tos on the top of the website page.

it shows the basic, at the end he installs a krebs retaing plate it is all most the same as the vepr but the vepr plate you have to use a flathead screw driver and push the end of the plate out from the wall and then tap it out to rear just look how he install the plate you will get the idea. then all you hae to do is tap out the 2 pins of the triggrer and hammer that it. easy.

Thank you very much "plattner01" ... awesome video!!! Great tips! Looks doable ... I think? LOL

Still wondering if there are any other hidden surprises in removing the V12 Trigger Group???

Just don't want to foul up &/or damage a $$$ Gun!!!

no , surprises i already removed mine and it was easy i put up a post about in here. the thread is vepr fcg. if i can find my camera i might make a video or take some pics of the install , its the same as the video above just that the retaining plate is just a litte different to get out, you wont mess it up.

Edited by plattner01

no , surprises i already removed mine and it was easy i put up a post about in here. the thread is vepr fcg. if i can find my camera i might make a video or take some pics of the install , its the same as the video above just that the retaining plate is just a litte different to get out, you wont mess it up.

Thank you for the encouragement that I won't mess it up ... I'm just going to go real slow! LOL

Looking forward to a Vid &/or Pics! Should be very helpful.

I have a feeling a lot of people besides myself will appreciate your effort & Help.

Thanks again "plattner01"

Thank you for the encouragement that I won't mess it up ... I'm just going to go real slow! LOL

Looking forward to a Vid &/or Pics! Should be very helpful.

I have a feeling a lot of people besides myself will appreciate your effort & Help.

Thanks again "plattner01"

So any vids yet on the removal & install of the Vepr12 retaing plate?

I haven't seen a video, but I took out the entire Fire Control Group out of a AK for the first time ever on the Vepr. Was very easy.

Field strip.

On the inside left hand side of your receiver there is a retaining plate which has a little nub tucked up under a tiny ledge.

Pry out the plate ever so slightly to free the nub, and push the plate up to free the pin from the trigger.

Pull the springs off the trigger and tuck them behind the hammer, secure them with a band to the hammer.

Drive the trigger pin out to the left.

Pull the retaining plate toward the back of the receiver until it comes free.

Drive the hammer pin out to the left.

Pull out the trigger and hammer.

• Like 1

I just installed the tromix drop in and the safety lever does not function with this trigger. once installed the safety is stuck in the fire position and now I cant remove it.

will upload pictures soon

Edited by Chevyman097

heres the picture before modding. When I put it back in it clicked down fine. But for some reason would not go into the safe position.

I had to use a tiny file to get in there and file a little away so that the safety would engage, the two arrows indicate the parts that are connecting and not allowing it to engage.

safety.jpg

recipe.jpg

Edited by Chevyman097

Having to file the trigger to the safety is actually preferable, as it gives the safety a positive stop point in the upward swing. (if done properly with a distinct step on the trigger body.)

Sometimes that is normal. Only a very small amount would need to be removed on the bottom of the safety.

Thanks for the info.

I actually removed a tiny bit from the safety and just a tid bit off the trigger housing(?correct explanation? dunno) where it connects. More or less just looked a little polished on both sides when done.

Works now.

• Like 1

I am also having the same issue with the Tapco trigger and the safety like Chevyman097. When stuck I had an easier way to take it apart. Take the safety all the way down. Take the retaining plate out and rear axis pin. Move trigger loose and then bring safety back around.

Now I have to determine what makes more sense to file, the bottom of the safety or the trigger. My first thought is to dremel the trigger and dont tamper with the safety.

I am also having the same issue with the Tapco trigger and the safety like Chevyman097. When stuck I had an easier way to take it apart. Take the safety all the way down. Take the retaining plate out and rear axis pin. Move trigger loose and then bring safety back around.

Now I have to determine what makes more sense to file, the bottom of the safety or the trigger. My first thought is to dremel the trigger and dont tamper with the safety.

I did a little of both. But do what feels right. And keep in mind. Be cautious, dont take too much, file, fit, file, fit will it works. I would not take too much off so the safety does not work at all. You still want it to be tight enough that with a hard squeeze on the trigger it does not move.

I took very little off. A dremel is probably over kill. I used a very small fine file and it only took a little bit to get it right.

• Like 1