Model 513ss6, .454 casually, 45 colt, 3 inch 410 shells

Thinking about buying this gun. My friends tell me to buy the Smith and Wesson Governor because of better quality and made in the US. But I want stainless plus this Taurus model shoots the. 454 and 3 inch 410 shells. The governor does not.

What do you guys think?

If you're set on a 410 revolver, just go for a regular three inch judge or governor. It'll save you a lot of weight and price. If you want to shoot big lead and get into it seriously, I would suggest to step up to a Smith and Wesson .460 so you can shoot 460, 454, and 45 Colt. That would higher quality gun that will retain its value much better than any Taurus.

• Like 4

If you're good with a few trips to florida for repair, and a serious loss in value immediately after buying get the Judge. I have a couple Taurus, they all needed trips for repair out of the box. Months later, they came back repaired and run great. Worth crap in trade, but guess ill keep them. So, if you dont mind potential several months wait, and wanna keep it forever, get the Judge.

Taurus come completely covered in goo. Clean them well before use.

If you want a guaranteed working gun out the box, quick repair turnaround if needed, lifetime warranty that cover postage (Taurus doesnt after year 1, and its not cheap shipping guns), made in america, better resale, and a name people will still consider at least decent in a few decades, get the S&W.

Edited by mostholycerebus

I have the Raging Judge Magnum 6" and love it. Unless you have a good reason for getting the 6" I would take a look at the 3" model, mine is huge.

Also, I like the option to shoot 454 but didn't realize how expensive they were until after when I was shopping for ammo. Something to consider, is 454 really all that important to you?

At first I wanted the 500 magnum. That ammo cost twice as much as the 454. I just wish S&W would make a stainless model governor . Maybe I should wait to see if they will come out with one later. I have a dozen hand guns and most of them are black or blued. Now I want something stainless. My biggest one right now is a S&W 44 magnum. I'm looking to get something bigger that looks like a hand cannon that don't cost to much to shoot.

At first I wanted the 500 magnum. That ammo cost twice as much as the 454. I just wish S&W would make a stainless model governor . Maybe I should wait to see if they will come out with one later. I have a dozen hand guns and most of them are black or blued. Now I want something stainless. My biggest one right now is a S&W 44 magnum. I'm looking to get something bigger that looks like a hand cannon that don't cost to much to shoot.

Then I think the Judge Magnum has you covered on all of that. Definitely bigger and has the look with a good variety of cheaper ammo and the option to go big. That's why I got mine.

I also looked at the 500 and other large calibers but didn't want to be limited to one really expensive and really powerful round.

Verify that you are getting the model that says .454 on the side. I am guessing that you know this but there are ones that look almost identical that don't shoot that, this confused me a little at first when I started shopping for one.

Edited by romad7

Hello

I have the Judge 3" barrelled Magnum stainless. It's an absolute blast to shoot cheap #8 birdshot at the range, there's some pretty formidable (for .410) 000 buck HD shells out there, and I can load up some purty damn smokin' hot .45 Colt cartridriges, if I say so myself.

I've shot the snot out'a mine, never a problem.

-guido

• Like 1

I finally decided to buy it. After searching the internet for the best price I found a seller that had 5 in stock. I waited to do some more searching. I end up buying mine when he had 3 left. It is a good thing I didn't wait any longer because I noticed he raised the price up $15 on the last 2 guns in stock.

Now it time to search for the best prices on ammo for .454 Casull, .45 Colt and .410 3 inch buck shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a Judge last year. Love that gun! Don't let anyone tell you a Taurus judge is an impractical gun.

Nothing better as a trail gun for snakes (or bears, with that .454 casull). I only have the 3" barrell, but hell yeah I love that gun and have never regretted the purchase!