canted front sight/gasblock.

Anyone else have a canted front sight/gasblock? I've fixed a canted front sight before with a rubber mallet, but never a gasblock. Any suggestions? Is it easier to fix than the canted rails? Should i be worried?

I got two veprs from atlantic, one is perfect, the other has the canted sight. I dont blame atlantic for the canted sight, just stating where i got it. Over all im satisfied with the veprs, extremely satisfied with atlantic.

2012-11-04_11-01-38_452.jpg

Edited by getboth

Yeah Molot isnt really known for having canted sights, even on their rifles. It could be the sight leaf sitting in the slots crooked too. Ive had a few Saigas that were that way, and just removed the sight leaf and put it back in and it had a different look to it.

Anyone else have a canted front sight/gasblock? I've fixed a canted front sight before with a rubber mallet, but never a gasblock. Any suggestions? Is it easier to fix than the canted rails? Should i be worried?

I got two veprs from atlantic, one is perfect, the other has the canted sight. I dont blame atlantic for the canted sight, just stating where i got it. Over all im satisfied with the veprs, extremely satisfied with atlantic.

I would suggest not modifying the gun in any way. If you do that you will be stuck with it. You paid 1000.00 for a brand new gun and you should not have to fix anything. Send it back for an exchange or a refund and get another one, and if you do please let us know how it worked out

Thats pretty far off center. The FSB is held in place with two pins. Thats going to be a fairly involved repair. Assuming the barrel is correctly indexed the pins will have to be removed and the FSB pressed off the barrel, then the groves in the barrel will need to be welded and re drilled correctly and finally the barrel will need refinished.

Send it back you should not have to deal with that.

Edited by defequisimo
  • Like 1

How the fuck did that make it through QC?

What I don't get is why the dealers are shipping out defective guns in the first place. They have to book the guns in upon receipt and should know which one's have issues. Why are they not sending them back to KGI for repair before selling them for a Grand? By now it would appear all the dealers know there may be issues with the rail. I could understand if they shipped one with a slightly canted rail that was hard to see with the naked eye, but,there is no excuse to let a gun leave the building with such an obvious defect as the OP's. Then to tell you they don't warrenty guns and it is up to the end buyer to deal with all the BULL SHIT and HASSLE!! It seems to me they are making their problem our problem. Piss Poor Customer Service.

Edited by mpnv

What I don't get is why the dealers are shipping out defective guns in the first place. They have to book the guns in upon receipt and should know which one's have issues. Why are they not sending them back to KGI for repair before selling them for a Grand? By now it would appear all the dealers know there may be issues with the rail. I could understand if they shipped one with a slightly canted rail that was hard to see with the naked eye, but,there is no excuse to let a gun leave the building with such an obvious defect as the OP's. Then to tell you they don't warrenty guns and it is up to the end buyer to deal with all the BULL SHIT and HASSLE!! It seems to me they are making their problem our problem. Piss Poor Customer Service.

They dont have to unpack the guns from what I understand. In the past when I have bought guns online every surplus gun Ive ever purchased came still in the package un touched wrapped in the oil paper and everything. So I dont think they actually have to take it out of the box and lay eyes on it to check it in. The dealer I picked mine up from for sure doesnt open them, Because I had to cut the tape and all packing to get into it.

• Like 1

I'm sure thats true for the most part but I got mine from MAA and chose to have it shipped in a different case so I know they saw mine when they took it out of the box and repackaged. I have nothing to complain about though, mine was in pretty good shape. Fit and finish was great, dust cover moved and locked up rock solid with zero offset, the mag drops free and when inserted and has no play whatsoever. All in all i'm pretty happy with my purchase. My only complaints would be there is a very slight cant toward the rear of the rail but its so small I think it will have little effect. Also the stock leaves more to be desired. Mine came with no metal end plate...just a piece of wood cut to fit. No big deal as I was planing to change out the stock anyways but for a G you would think they could com e up with something better than that. Finally the saftey has got to go as well. Altough it does work well for me and is easy to go from safe to fire without loosing my firing grip from the shotty...I CAN'T STAND how it digs in your first knuckle when on safe. Think I will go with the krebs style that I'm more familiar with.

Good luck with yours GB...hopefully they will straighten shit out for you...literally!!!

Edited by raidersfan_5544
  • Like 1

Yeah what Chevy said is pretty much it. All the info that is needed is on the side of the box and there is no need to open them up to physically inspect them, unless instructed to do so. Molot should have caught this prior to packaging. This is something that makes me scratch my head. Ive never seen a Vepr rifle with canted parts and didnt expect to on these. But as it sits, it is what it is. I have no regrets in getting one of these.