Red Dot or new front post??

I have a scope setup already on my VEPR in 54R.. its a 3-9x40 Mil-Dot on a BP-02 and is quick detach to use the irons.

The front post on this like most AK variants is wide and with it I basically suck (4-5") groups at 100 yards etc..

Should I:

1) Buy another BP-02 (low centered) mount and Bushnell TRS-25 (3 moa dot)

(or maybe the old tried and true UTG-978 QD mount to save a few $)

2) Try and get a KNS 0.052" front post (standard post) to replace the factory 0.073" post

I don't want to replace/mess with the rear windage adjustable 1000m leaf.

I read somewhere the AK front post is setup for 100-300 yard shooting... 8"m at 100 12" at 200m and 16" at 300m..

I was entertaining hacking my new CSS slotted AR type forearm and doing a Ultimak and TRS-25 combo... but I decided I don't want to go that route..

Edited by YWHIC

Well I noticed on my Vepr 5.45, the sight post is thinner than the one on my Saiga's or my SGL. So its hard to say if the 54R is using something different. But if its a problem, then you could just swap it out for something else and see how it does before putting more coin into it. But if your wanting to spend the money, then do it anyway. lol.