1000 units

I am still seeing vepr-12's listed by a few dealers. I guess I thought the market for these things would have been a little stronger and that the 1000 would have been long gone by now. I remember some of the dealers/distributors on this forum saying there were only 1000 ordered and that there were no more orders made and no more being brought in this year. But I now see copes distributing has announced a new pre order due in by the end of the month, though perhaps the order is coming from the importer. Maybe its due to the poor economy but it still seems a little surprising.

I've got my two. One for modding and one stock. It sure has made Saiga's with LRBHO jump in price. I've seen them in Shotgun news for 1200 dollar.

If anything veprs will drive the price of saigas down. The price increase is probably due to the news that izhmash might close down.

There doesnt seem to be much more interest in these guns other than here and a few other AK boards. I cross posted the news thinking it would have gotten a bit more interest, but didnt like I thought it would have. I guess still many dont know much about the S12 and know even less about the V12. The biggest response I got back was the price.

I would say that 1 out of 10 people who come into our shop have even heard of the Saiga 12 and none have heard of the VEPR 12. Most think their Remington 870 is the epitome of badass. It must be bliss....

• Like 2

I've got my two. One for modding and one stock. It sure has made Saiga's with LRBHO jump in price. I've seen them in Shotgun news for 1200 dollar.

If anything veprs will drive the price of saigas down. The price increase is probably due to the news that izhmash might close down.

They've been on the verge of closing down for years but haven't. They were renting the factory's cafeteria out as a gay nightclub called "Money Honey" according to an article a few years back. (the thread over on Guns.ru was fuckin' priceless I swear)

I don't really lose much sleep over them going out of business anymore. It's like "Yeah, what else is new?"

I doubt they'll go anywhere.

• Like 2

^^^That top picture almost looks like he is just holding that mag up himself...when zoomed in it looks like the rear of the mag isn't fully seated? Anyway he should at least have his hand on forend so he can take faster follow up shots...that is a pump not a semi auto.

Edited by raidersfan_5544