VEPR 308 Project

So I went ahead with purchasing a VEPR 308. I am wondering about two thing one is the stock and the other optics.

I am thinking about either the Magpul UBR or the Magpul PRS. The concern is cheek placement. Depending on how far back the scope come back would really depend on which butt stock I get. I really like and am leaning towards the UBR as it is a little more compact for storage. The cheek placement is more important than the cheek weld height as I can adjust that on both. I don't want to be too close to the scope that I get poped in the eye.

The scope that I am looking at are the POSP scopes. Some of these scope look like they go way back into the buttstock area and cause some concern with the Magpul UBR stock.

Please let me know thoughts on scope and buttstock.

Thanks

So just to clarrify it seems that the rubber eye piece is what is makes them look like they go further back and the scope can be used with or without the eyepiece. I guess this makes it a moot point as to how far back I will have to sit my head. I have also narrowed it down to a fixed PSOP with either 4X or 6X for the 308. I will also most likely go with the Magpul UBR. I am still open for suggestions.

Thanks

So just to clarrify it seems that the rubber eye piece is what is makes them look like they go further back and the scope can be used with or without the eyepiece. I guess this makes it a moot point as to how far back I will have to sit my head. I have also narrowed it down to a fixed PSOP with either 4X or 6X for the 308. I will also most likely go with the Magpul UBR. I am still open for suggestions.

Thanks

For your consideration, and congratulations on your buy:

http://www.cncwarrior.com/shop/24827-vepr-rh-integral-folding-stock-hinge/

http://blackhorsearsenal.gostorego.com/stocks/vepr-svd-composite-polymer-stock-expandable.html

http://www.bonesteelarms.com/Vepr_c9.htm

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-VEPR-RIFLE-PARTS/Categories

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the Red Star Adjutable Trigger that I ordered but I am running into a little obstacle. I have a rear trigger gaurd rivet that is in the way. I've read on the forum that there are some with this issue but most suggest modifying the rivet or rivet location. I don't think that either of these options are acceptable, and really wonder if there is another solution.

I will say that I called Red Star and they told me just to take off metal from the trigger. Well I did and I got the back area seated in but I had to get rid of the set screw. Then the disconnetor was to big and had to shave off a lot in order to get the safety lever to work correctly. Now it is a very light trigger.

I had actually ordered an Arsenal yesterday and it is on its way.

On a good note I will throw a coupld of shout outs to Dinzagarms and AK-Builder are very fast and had my order processed and shipped it immediately, Red Star was fast too.

Edited by th3unkn0wn
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I got my scope in and side mount. I am liking the scope. I am still without a FSB but I have a SVD type one on order. Also have another attachment on order from the same company. I am going to try to get out to the range within the next week to try out the scope.

Edited by th3unkn0wn
  • 1 month later...

I see you went with a padded stock. I normally don't but when I was shooting mine last I was so focused on aiming that I forgot that I wasn't pulling tight and it was thumping me pretty decent. It was funny but I ordered a copy of the GP-25/GP-30 pad just to make for more pleasant shooting.