Sign in to follow this  
bitters

I cannot find a Saiga 5.45 anywhere

The only place I found it besides Gunbroker just sold out. I don't really want to deal with an auction website.

Was planning on getting one for around Christmas time. Not really sure what to do at this point. Vepr's look interesting, but a conversion seems like more of a hassle. I'm itching for a 5.45 rifle.

Should more of these come into the country after the new year?

Stock on these tends to be erratic, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least one vendor had them in stock before that.

Rumor over on the .223 page is that a boat was on its way from Russia and they should be popping up in December. It was from a well know vendor so info seems legitimate.

Oh nice, good find. I guess I should've been more specific in that I'm looking for the cheapie model, IZ240.

I will definitely consider this though.

EDIT: @ Grimm100: I hope that is true! Always such good info on this website.

Edited by bitters

Don't know if they will ship to a FFL in another state, but by local gun shop had several Saiga 5.45s for $439 today when I was in buying a G19 and XDs. Might be worth a phone call. PM me for the name and number if you are interested.

Edited to remove link to non-business vendor.

Edited by Spacehog

Oh. If doing it again I would go with the 340. Handguard retainer - $40-50, FSB - $60-90, handguard - $30-50. Easily pays for itself if you ask me.

I second this. The 340 more than pays for itself in parts, and even more importantly, the headache.

J&G Sales has the 5.45 right now for $800. It is the "cheap" bare bones version. No converted front end. Personally, I would wait. That price is just not sustainable.

J&G Sales has the 5.45 right now for $800. It is the "cheap" bare bones version. No converted front end. Personally, I would wait. That price is just not sustainable.

Wow...last January I picked one up for $500 less at J&G. Saw a mini draco there for 1K more than I paid too.

Wow...last January I picked one up for $500 less at J&G. Saw a mini draco there for 1K more than I paid too.

Yeah, prices are retarded right now. Time to hold and wait.....

I picked up a Saiga sporter model at a local show for about half that--450--came with 300 rounds of silver bear ammo too.

Have cash and keep your eyes open--the crazy prices will pass, probably, in a few months.

Let's open up this question on a broader swath....looking at this from the landscape of TODAY ( Feb, 2013).

- What's the status of Izhmash factory ( bankrupt?...functioning?)....and are they even considering making new supply?

- With the aftermath of Sandy Hook, and recent ( already passed) NYS legislation.... and ( proposed new) Federal legislation against AW and certain brands of guns....what is the prospect of even getting "Izhmash" branded guns?

Edited by IPSC45

I think this is the million dollar question. If they are pumping out saiga's, we should see a good supply come summer.

I picked up a 5.45 iz240 last week for $450, a man was trying to trade it in to a local gun shop..they turned up their nose and said they don't trade for assault weapons..as you could see the M1A's on their wall. Well, he wanted to get rid of it. Long story short, there are deals out there, especially if that person cannot find ammo. In six months (I hope) there will be ads for cheap Saigas from panic buyers trying to recoup their expensive panic buy..

In six months (I hope) there will be ads for cheap Saigas from panic buyers trying to recoup their expensive panic buy..

The problem with this is the people that panic bought for the most part didn't know how much they were worth to begin with so, when they do try to sell them they will want the inflated price they paid and wonder why nobody will pay it and be insulted when some one offers them 400 for there saiga rifle when they paid 1000. I wouldn't hold your breath for a flood of cheap used rifles.

It's rumored that there's a boat coming in in March with Saigas on it. At least that was the word with the importer last November.

Rent/food/other shiny new things, plus seeong new ones cheaper will drive prices down. Saw a guy at a gun show today with a WASR for $800; those were $1300 last month. ARs were around 1400..its starting to re-adjust...smile.png

Edited by sirosisofliver

it may take as much as two years, but eventually, people will stop buying at the record rate that it's been. at that point, the prices will drop, but I don't expect to find new Saigas from vendors for a bargain price. I remember being disappointed last year when I payed $350 for mine after they had been down to around $290 months earlier.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dubya" data-cid="865852" data-time="1361255188"><p>

Well when someone finds more than 1 546 can ya PM me :) pretty please :)</p></blockquote>

Add me to that list! Can find that ammo cheap everywhere, so now I just need the gun.

Yeah ill hold of for a Saiga. Dumb thing is i never had interest in a 5.45 until now. Could have picked one up multiple times for $400-$500....

• Like 1