Got my Vepr 223 today

Hey guys, got my vepr in today. I had to go shoot it as soon as possible so my first range trip was in the dark. It was fun regardless. The fireball is blinding. I know that we all know what a vepr looks like, but I'm gonna post up a couple pics anyway. I suppose I'll follow up with any build updates here.

I don't know that I'll be doing much to it, though. I had a lot of fun customizing my saiga 12, but this vepr is just sexy straight out of the box. I may put a side scope mount for a red dot or holographic down the road. I would love to set it up a lot like my 12, but the wood furniture on this vepr is just sexy. I'd like to find a nice muzzlebrake/flash hider, and a cheap-o AK sling is definitely in order. I have 3 30 round mags that should be here in the morning. All in all, I can't think of any major updates that I'll want to do currently. Who knows, maybe down the road it'll get a makeover..

Also, yes, I know my S12 is scratched quite a bit. I abuse it though and fire it every weekend.. I need to redo the duracoat.

vepr223.jpg

vepr223a.jpg

twins2.jpg

twins.jpg

twins1.jpg

s12-1.jpg

BTW, I think that my next purchase will be a vepr in .308, one of the longer fluted barrel versions. I'd have a russian shotgun, carbine, and long rifle in my favorite calibers.

Edited by Mitch535

Nice looking Vepr.

After seeing mine a buddy decided he just had to have one. He's always been an AR15 guy so it was huge for him to make the plunge into the darkside.

I'm thinking got now I'm just going to do internal 922r changes on the V2 I got. The imported look has grown on me and the grip of the thumbhole is actually very nice. I plan on getting to the range in the next few days to do a head to head for accuracy between the 16" V2 and the 20" V1. My hunch is that 100 yards I will not see much, but It's a good reason to get the range sooner rather than later.