DPH vs ACE stocks

I'm thinking of putting a Galil type folding stock on my Vepr 12. I am comparing the DPH that has the hinge included to the ACE which will need the adaptor. Does anyone have one or the other installed on their gun? What is your opinion of it?

I cant speak for that stock specifically but keep in mind that the VEPRs receivers are thicker than that of the Saigas. So some mounting blocks wont drop right in. I dont know the demensions of those but you might want to check into them.

You might check out my thread about the M4 Style tube I mounted from CSS.

have you checked this out

http://bonesteelarms...ock-RPKFSGL.htm

I think you will find it is a far superior design than the ace hinge

DSC04853-crop.jpg

DSC04855-crop.jpg

DSC04857-crop.jpg

DSC04860-crop.jpg

DSC04859-crop.jpg

if you do go with an ace style, the dph seems like a much better deal.

I like this. It seems to bolt on to the existing tanged trunion with out the use of an adaptor.

Does the stock lock?

What is the overall lenght of the stock.

Is the butt pad rubber?

Can the gun be operated with the stock folded?

Chevyman...Your stock looks great. Good Job!

Edited by mpnv
  • 4 weeks later...

Question for ObiWan... Every time I clear my cookies, the option for a left side folding version of this stock is available, but when I choose the option it resets and then the option disappears. Is this just a glitch, or is this not available just yet?

have you checked this out

http://bonesteelarms...ock-RPKFSGL.htm

I think you will find it is a far superior design than the ace hinge.

if you do go with an ace style, the dph seems like a much better deal.

Now this is awfully convincing! Although I am awfully partial to the ACE stock. Has anyone pulled the trigger on this conversion yet?

left side is not available yet

Thanks for the info

I've use the ace folder not on a saiga but they are top notch. And I'd avoid keeping the tang if toys set on a folder it's worth cutting it off to get the better look.

I just got me a saiga 7.62 that I'm converting and I'm fairly positive I'm going to cut the tang just because I'm already drilling into the fucker, and it was only 400. The Vepr, however, I just can't bring myself to cut it.

I've use the ace folder not on a saiga but they are top notch. And I'd avoid keeping the tang if toys set on a folder it's worth cutting it off to get the better look.

I'm not sure I have ever seen anyone say "avoid keeping the tang". I think it is definitely personal opinion but I like the look of the Bonesteel folder just fine..