What are Saiga 22" going for

I was at the range today with my Saiga long barrel its pretty much stock. I moved FCG back where it belongs and added an AR style metal buffer tube and butt stock, with side rail and a cheap scope ($150), 3 20 round surefire mags. To the point a guy next to me offered me $1000 for my rifle I declined but took his number. As I dont really care for the long barrel I might sell it to him then buy a 16" what do you all think?

I figure I paid $50 per mag, $50 for side rail mount, $150 for butt stock and buffer tube, $75 for parts to move FCG forward, $150 for scope, $50 for bipod so all added up thats over $600 in extras on the rifle, I paid $550 for the rifle to start with so id be losing $150 in the deal which is why I declined. Im just wondering with the problems at the factory if you guys have seen prices increase in your area or if you can even find a 308 saiga 22"

Edited by cbr

I haven't seen a 21" s308 in my area for over a year i still see the 16" available pretty often so with that being said if you are happy with the rifle keep it or maybe take the scope of and see if the guy would still be interested. anyway you go good luck

Yeah, when I got ,y 21" 308, the 16' WASN'T AVAILABLE...GLAD IT WASN'T!! The flashball off of the 16" is horrific. Not saying I won't have one if the price is right one day but a 308 needs to be at least 18" to get the goodie out of the round..anything less and you can get the same from the 7.62x39 (almost)

• Like 1