Anyone for a second Vepr 12

Ok - Maybe a stupid question but just had to ask this. I read that some folks are purchasing a second Vepr 12 as an investment because they think these things will get real scarce after this initial shipment. Anyone think there's any truth to this? Will additional shipments be arriving? I've already seen the price go up a little on some sites.

Edited by dwoodul

Some of the folks on this forum are amazing. I've posted my criticisms of the Vepr 12 on these forums.

First, I loved the Vepr 12 when I saw the first pics and read it was coming in. I was one of the very first pre-orders.

Second, I'm not making a buck.

The bottom line is that I didn't enjoy shooting the gun when I had it to the range on Friday, and I don't keep guns that I don't enjoy. The Vepr 12 otherwise lived up to its reputation for sturdiness and reliability.

Edited by Koljec

It's not about vs. the S12.

It's clear there are issues with the Vepr 12 despite the prevalent denial.

The rails are crooked, the sites, front and rear, are crooked.

There is a lot of vendor and AK shotty worship here on this site, but let's not let that blind us to the fact the vepr is far from perfect in that no one would accept a Colt rifle delivered to them with such blatant defects. Around here folks are used to it and expect it from S12s, I think some may have been hopeful the Molot product wouldn't be as piss poor. You may be willing to accept a crooked firearm, but don't expect others to get on their knees and shame them when they don't.

I remember something to that effect reveprend. He was in it to make a buck from the beginning.

Like TGI/Wolf/SGM/MAA/Atlantic, et al?

WTF type of shot is that at someone you don't even know?

Edited by ec4321

Just picked mine up Friday. My sights are not canted and my rail is straight. Just want to know what his bitch is about the weapon.

Also all the vendors you mention ec4321 make no qualms that they are selling guns for a profit vs. trying to mind fuck those more intelligent than them that they "tried it and didn't like it".

The only thing canted on mine is the rail, and its slightly. Not all of them are canted and fucked up. Mine is more than acceptable. If someone doesnt like it, its their preference.

I wouldnt by a Colt rifle anyways. naaaa.gif

It's not about vs. the S12.

It's clear there are issues with the Vepr 12 despite the prevalent denial.

The rails are crooked, the sites, front and rear, are crooked.

There is a lot of vendor and AK shotty worship here on this site, but let's not let that blind us to the fact the vepr is far from perfect in that no one would accept a Colt rifle delivered to them with such blatant defects. Around here folks are used to it and expect it from S12s, I think some may have been hopeful the Molot product wouldn't be as piss poor. You may be willing to accept a crooked firearm, but don't expect others to get on their knees and shame them when they don't.

I remember something to that effect reveprend. He was in it to make a buck from the beginning.

Like TGI/Wolf/SGM/MAA/Atlantic, et al?

WTF type of shot is that at someone you don't even know?

What prevelant denial? People have issues with the VEPR-12s, who is denying this? How can the importers be blamed? Are they supposed to look at every single unit head to toe? Can they see the future and say "i bet these will have some slightly crooked rails lets look at the rails". No one could have forseen this issue. Most didnt notice the issue until somone posted it here. Some of the problems are not even evident until put into actual use. Honestly I am more suprised people thought these would be 100% flawless.

Still It seems most are happy and only a handful have issues worthy of warranty repair.

Read the posts in this thread, there are folks that seem shocked that someone may not like a firearm with crooked sights and rails. Even the description of handful that need a warranty repair seems to miss the mark, I have three veprs now - each have crooked rails, one has a very slightly crooked front sight, and one has a very crooked front sight. 3/3. Each from a different vendor.

Almost all, from what I have read, have crooked rails - even if it doesn't bother the owner - it's still a crooked rail. The one person on here that I know of who removed the rail, found it to be unfinished under the rail and rust forming.

I'm not blaming the importers, just pointing out the facts. There are alot of sub-par veprs as they come from the factory. An unacceptable amount by Western standards of firearms manufacturing.

Edited by ec4321