Saiga 12 Australia

G'day

I hail from the far south lands of Australia, where the gun laws are rediculous and such. But despite all this I am lisenesed to obtain a saiga 12 shotgun and am interseted in purchasing one. But there's a problem........ no one sells them here. So the other day I email Izhmash customer enquireys about shipping cost and firearm prices for a saiga-12S (not several saiga-12's but a saiga-12 model S) and after a week they sent back emial describing what the gun looked like and saying they need to know the volume of the order. So then it hit me, they probably only send them by the hundereds for the factory. And this is were you come in my dear community of saiga lovers, where do I order a saiga-12S from to come to Australia with a couple of 5rnd mags and acsessories? I am also looking at geting a PSO scope from kalinka optics but need guidance at which is best for shooting solids/slugs/magnum loads or whatever you prefer to call them?

Many thanks Connor

TL;DR

I need a siaga-12S in Australia and whats the best PSO scope for shooting solids.

maybe try ordering from a place in the UK? we don't get the factory S-12S in the US but i'm pretty sure they have them over there

This is what I was thinking...seems more likely there would be import channels from the UK. I can't imagine the hassle involved importing from the US.

maybe try ordering from a place in the UK? we don't get the factory S-12S in the US but i'm pretty sure they have them over there

This is what I was thinking...seems more likely there would be import channels from the UK. I can't imagine the hassle involved importing from the US.

yea, i don't think UK import/export laws are too strict, unlike the US, from what i can tell if it's legal to own in the UK it can be imported or exported without much hassle. the gun he's looking for isn't even available in the us anyway. maybe try getting one from new zealand, not sure how available they are there, but they get some pretty cool toys so it might me an option

You might try Gun City in New Zeland. They have retail stores in Aukland, and Christchurch.

http://www.guncity.co.nz/semi-auto-xidg10076.html

If they stock them, I would try to purchase the Molot Vepr 12 instead of the Saiga S12. It is a much higher quality firearm out of the box.

As for optic options - I use an Aimpoint T-1 red dot, and purchased a Russian PU 3.5X scope with a German post reticle to use if I want a little magnification.

puscopeonvepr12001.jpg

molotvepr12009.jpg

As long as you can get a Australian import permit there should be no problems getting one from NZ. Gun city is a good start-they do bill themselves as the biggest gun shop in the world. That said they are far from the cheapest so if you care to jump thru the hoops there are a few people who bring them into NZ and sell them on trademe(nz auction site) fora lot less. There are also a lot coming up on the second hand market in nz so maybe a email to both an Australian and nz police arms officer to find out the details of what you have to do.

Out of interest on what basis are you allowed a s12 in oz? Most ozi shooters I meet a comps give me the impression that it would be almost impossible even of you had a farm the size of Texas

Out of interest on what basis are you allowed a s12 in oz? Most ozi shooters I meet a comps give me the impression that it would be almost impossible even of you had a farm the size of Texas

You need a catagory C lisences, which requires you to be a primary produce (farmer). But we are only allowed 5 round limit in shotguns and a 10 round limit in bolt actions, theres no semi auto centrefires allowed unless you can prove to the commisioner that you either work for the goverment, have a large property (only allowed it for a year then they take your guns), its your job (roo shooter/pest control) or your a firearms dealer (but you cant shoot them).