It's been about a week since my last smoke....

hey shooter , i also appreciate the info on e-cigs , i had been fumbleing around with them a bit , trying the cheapos from wal greens . i had no idea of the vast market on these things , since reading youre thread ive got set up with a e-go c-twist battery and several kanger clearomizers , still working on switching over 100% , but ive got some e-juice ordered that i,m hoping will take the place of my camels entirely , thanks again

• Like 1

No problem, guys.beer.gif

I'm still going strong. Still haven't had a real cigarette, even though I'm around smokers all the time. I just don't have the urge for a smoke.

Glad to see some of you are taking the plunge! It really works. At first, I was thinking I wanted to try and stick with "tobacco flavored" juices, since they would be what I'm used to. But I figure with all these juice vendors and flavors, why limit myself to what I've been puffing on for years? So I've gone completely away from tobacco flavors, and have been using sweet/fruity flavors, lol. My current favorite is Pearberry from EliteVaporWorks.

Keep us updated on how you guys are doing, what juices you like (and the vendors you got them from), etc, etc.

• Like 2

Today is my first full vaping instead of smoking. I' m using Crown Seven products. I can get them locally from a discount smoke outlet cheaper than most brands online. My wife is still smoking and vaping, but I think she'll be making the switch to just vaping in the next couple of days. So far so good for me.

• Like 3

Today is my first full vaping instead of smoking. I' m using Crown Seven products. I can get them locally from a discount smoke outlet cheaper than most brands online. My wife is still smoking and vaping, but I think she'll be making the switch to just vaping in the next couple of days. So far so good for me.

Glad to hear it!

I only know of one e-cig/juice vendor that's local to me, but he's not set up for walk-ins yet. He's working on it, but in the mean time, he says locals can order online and he will actually deliver it to your house himself, within a reasonable distance.

I'd love to be able to walk into a local shop and sample juices. It's so hit-n-miss with juices. Sometimes they're great, sometimes they taste like garbage. I always order a small bottle to try them out before going larger.

Just as a heads up to anyone switching from analog cigs to E-cigs. E cig juice/ liquid is made up of pg/vg (propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin). Most people stick with and are content with 30/70 blend. The pg is what give's you the throat hit, or feeling that your inhaling something. I started on a 30/70 blend but found after a few weeks I was starting to feel pressure/pain in my chest again, which is what caused me to quit analog cigs in the first place. So, I researched and found a small percentage of people had issues with the pg( pg in is in inhalers for asthma , which I have) and that they used 100% vg juice/liquid with no issues. This is called organic juice/liquid and noticed the pressure pain was not there when using this organic juice. Note, there is not much if any of a throat hit with organic stuff. Please do your own research on this if you find yourself in a situation like mine. I'm posting this just make those aware of the organic option.

Best selection of organic juice/liquid I have found

http://www.virginvapor.com/

Congrats to those that have quit!

Edited by veprk
  • Like 2

Personally I don't think the E-cigs are a way out. You're still hooked on a chemical, you just chose a cleaner delivery method.

Maybe one of the things that made it easier to quit for me was the fact that around the time I did, I was smoking mainly clove cigarettes and hand-rolled cigarettes, both of which have a lower nicotine content and other chemicals than factory-made cigarettes do.

I had ONE cigarette on my bachelor party almost 2 years ago. I got no rush out of it, and it tasted like shit. The next morning my mouth and throat tasted and felt awful. Just look forward to the day when you can think about how fucking nasty the habit was and not find yourself longing for it.

• Like 2

Personally I don't think the E-cigs are a way out. You're still hooked on a chemical, you just chose a cleaner delivery method.

Maybe one of the things that made it easier to quit for me was the fact that around the time I did, I was smoking mainly clove cigarettes and hand-rolled cigarettes, both of which have a lower nicotine content and other chemicals than factory-made cigarettes do.

I had ONE cigarette on my bachelor party almost 2 years ago. I got no rush out of it, and it tasted like shit. The next morning my mouth and throat tasted and felt awful. Just look forward to the day when you can think about how fucking nasty the habit was and not find yourself longing for it.

They're not really designed or marketed as a way to quit altogether (businesses are actually not allowed to advertise vaping products as smoking cessation devices). It's just a cheaper/healthier alternative.

But you can get juice in varying nic levels, and essentially ween yourself off nicotine if you want. Also, I've noticed that I vape far less than I smoked. It's a win-win all around.

• Like 2

I'm still going strong. Still haven't had a real cigarette, even though I'm around smokers all the time. I just don't have the urge for a smoke.

Glad to see some of you are taking the plunge! It really works. At first, I was thinking I wanted to try and stick with "tobacco flavored" juices, since they would be what I'm used to. But I figure with all these juice vendors and flavors, why limit myself to what I've been puffing on for years? So I've gone completely away from tobacco flavors, and have been using sweet/fruity flavors, lol. My current favorite is Pearberry from EliteVaporWorks.

Keep us updated on how you guys are doing, what juices you like (and the vendors you got them from), etc, etc.

Ahhh you're gonna fail! lol

• Like 1

Ahhh you're gonna fail! lol

Neeeevvvvveeeerrr!!!

super_man.gif

Sitting at the 'puter right now, puffing on my Bolt. Much better than going outside for a smoke, in this cold weather.biggrin.png

• Like 1

After smoking for 15 years I quit cold turkey. My wife told me every time I wanted a a cig to let her know and she'd blow me. Well, yes the first month was amazing...but I sure enough really didn't to smoke anymore after about 2 months. You just need to find the motivation that your good with. I did greedy.gif !!

I'm not 4+ years and have only had ONE relapse. Now I can't stand the smell even after someone goes out to smoke and then walks past me. GROSS!!

Best of luck,

Gunny

I'm getting close to the two week mark on only e-cigs.

Congrats! Feels great, doesn't it?

Update on myself; I didn't give up vaping like I had planned, lol. After I felt better, I started back up. No real worries, though. I'm not terribly concerned about the $18/month it's costing me. Still haven't had a smoke in now 1 month/7 days. My sinuses have always been screwed up, so my sense of smell hasn't come back as strong as most report. But I will say this, being around someone who just smoked makes me ashamed that I used to smell like that. Smells like sheeeit.horror.gif

• Like 2