Need help, Identification of Uniform Jacket

OK guys I need help. I scored some uniform tops today. Cool shit, new style Czech, older style Czech, Zaire, Indonesian commando......

This one I cant ID;

IMG_3737-1.jpg

Heavy cotton material, Khaki in color, brown buttons, hood and waist draw strings, pullover

The markings on this are sewn inside on the waist pockets;

IMG_3738.jpg

One side has the size tag ( 44 ) and the other is missing, ofcourse.

The only other markings are the shoulder patch;

IMG_3740.jpg

Sewn on the upper right arm.

The material, style and color scream Russian to me.

But the shoulder patch leans Finnish or something.

So.... Dig out the MOJO guys and help me out.

Anyone seen this smock? Seen this patch? Got an ID for me?

Please.....

The cut and color of the garment remind me of the Soviet Afghan era uniforms:

RUSSIAA5.jpg

The top you have looks like a Soviet Gorka or mt. troop jacket, but the pockets are wrong:

200712251902030.gorka1.jpg

The insignia reminds me of the German WWII Jaeger insignia:

PatchJaegerGrayF_small.jpg

Tough call, since they don't appear to be a perfect match. Maybe this was a Soviet garment with field alterations done to it?

Edited by Jpanzer

The cut and color of the garment remind me of the Soviet era Afghan uniforms:

RUSSIAA5.jpg

The top you have looks like a Soviet Gorka or mt. troop jacket, but the pockets are wrong:

200712251902030.gorka1.jpg

Those patches a damn similar.

The insignia reminds me of the German WWII Jaeger insignia:

PatchJaegerGrayF_small.jpg

Tough call, since they don't appear to be a perfect match. Maybe this was a Soviet garment with field alterations done to it?

I've been leaning towards German in the quest lately. I guess I haven't gone back far enough. The newer pull over German smocks are close, but all have draw string closures at the neck/chest area.

That patch you posted is damn near spot on. On the one you posted the little nut at the bottom is red, the patch on the smock I have, the nut is green.

Thanks for getting me close.

Keep them coming till I hit it.

Jpanzer, Thank you.

The patch is a match for the "Jägertruppe - Mountain Troops". The patches were hand embroidered so the slight differences were noted.

After hours of searching German shit back to never never land...It's not German. So I searched for Jägertruppe units.

From there I spent hours bouncing, with many obscure websites that need google translator. I found that Austria had 2 Mountian units that fielded mix German and Austrian equipment.

I can say I'm 99.9% positive this smock is an WW2 Austrian mountian anorak.

• Like 1

Jpanzer, Thank you.

The patch is a match for the "Jägertruppe - Mountain Troops". The patches were hand embroidered so the slight differences were noted.

After hours of searching German shit back to never never land...It's not German. So I searched for Jägertruppe units.

From there I spent hours bouncing, with many obscure websites that need google translator. I found that Austria had 2 Mountian units that fielded mix German and Austrian equipment.

I can say I'm 99.9% positive this smock is an WW2 Austrian mountian anorak.

Wow Stormi, that's quite a cool find! Glad I could help. I thought Austrian troops were part of the German military in WW II since the Anschluss took place in 1938. Was this anorak WWII or post WWII issue?

That patch is ww2 only

After the war the units became Panzergrenadier (Mechanized infantry) Units.

I learned some cool things digging through weird sites. Most notable was the pride European axis soldiers had to thier home countries and loyalty to thier units even more.

Granted, I'm still loyal to the 10th MTN unit I was in, even after 20+ years.

But some units when reassigned or mixed, refused to change the colors of thier patchs and/or their patches at all, to thier new unit's.

Honor, esprit and comradeship.

I found it listed as WW2. I cant find anything like it after early- mid 1950's

• Like 2