What to expect w/new Saiga 12?

I've got a new Saiga 12 ordered, should be in late this week. I've got 2 .223's, both converted, but know little about the shottie. I've been reading some here about them, so I know a little bit about them when it comes in. Sounds like there's a lot of variation out there. Quite honestly, it really sounds like a crap shoot with what you get! So, what are the latest ones like these days? Are they still making "vodka specials"? Or have they evened out quality wise? I'm starting to quesion whether I'm making the right move by getting one. Thanks. Greg

I have Owned 2 s12's. I have only had a handfull of low brass failures out of several thousand rounds. Zero failures with high brass. Most of the failures I have had were mag related or rounds getting stuck on the chamber hood. Have faith. Some people take there S12 out once and they want to immeditaly call it a vodka special and polish the shit out of it.

Pull the gas plug (marked 1 & 2)... See how many holes you can see... New gun should have 4... Probably, front/side ones are partially covered???..... If not, your good to go...... Take with a grain of salt the "heavy load" break in period..... All you are doing is wearing in some ill fitting parts.......They weren't meant to shoot wimpy stuff, BUT can if you read the forums here...