So I know there are a few 870 clones out there...this one I picked up for $160 barely used and it's pretty awesome. Now I know its a Chinese gun and bla bla blah. But it's a pretty stout shotgun, the only difference I've found between this and the Remington is the barrel appears to be thinner and the mag-tube end piece seems to be in a different location (thus why using a remington tube extension sucks)

Anyways, I made a video for anyone interested in one of these...good cheapo gun, and most importantly...it works lol.

PS: If you just want to see it shoot, fast forward to the last section of the video, I shoot some centurion twin ball at 7 yards (THIS STUFF IS AWESOME!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s33LUi6mAoA&hd=1

I have had a few norinco 870 clones and they are mostly good, a bit heaver than the real thing and can benefit from some polishing of action surfaces but for the $ they are sweet!

In NZ I bought a second hand noronco 870 with a factory 12" barrel and goast ring sights for about us$200 and love it so much I'm on the process of getting a real one made with top if the line parts

I have had a few norinco 870 clones and they are mostly good, a bit heaver than the real thing and can benefit from some polishing of action surfaces but for the $ they are sweet!

In NZ I bought a second hand noronco 870 with a factory 12" barrel and goast ring sights for about us$200 and love it so much I'm on the process of getting a real one made with top if the line parts

Wtf did tapa talk do to my post?!

Anyone know how to edit on tapa talk?

Q- Has 870 existed for more than 15 years?

A- Yes. People always brag about how cops have been using them since there were wooly mamoths.

Q- Do patents last for more than years?

A - Nurp.

So then you get to logo, trade mark and stylistic similarities.

Those are different enough to tell the two apart. No infringement.

The fact that it is license built by subsidiary obviously makes all of the above unnecessary.

Now get to whether the gun itself is good. Most of the reviews I have read by professionals say it is excellent. Your main differences are in quality of fit and finish, and that parts commonality is not 100%.

To me, those things aren't necessarily worth another $200 on a basic pump.

• Like 1

Q- Has 870 existed for more than 15 years?

A- Yes. People always brag about how cops have been using them since there were wooly mamoths.

Q- Do patents last for more than years?

A - Nurp.

So then you get to logo, trade mark and stylistic similarities.

Those are different enough to tell the two apart. No infringement.

The fact that it is license built by subsidiary obviously makes all of the above unnecessary.

Now get to whether the gun itself is good. Most of the reviews I have read by professionals say it is excellent. Your main differences are in quality of fit and finish, and that parts commonality is not 100%.

To me, those things aren't necessarily worth another $200 on a basic pump.

It seems quite excellent for the price so far, no issues, just a hefty shotty (the receiver seems very robust). Would I bet my life on it? yep, it goes bang every time I pull the trigger. I bet Remington bought them out after realizing how good of a gun it really is

Edited by Vultite

A lot of companies like to do market segmentation. Selling more or less the same things under different brand names means you can make more profits.

If you can profitably sell a good shotgun for $200 then it is hard to also simultaneously sell it for ~$400. But then sell the same gun with a bit more polish under a different name for $400 and you are golden.

Levi's does it with jeans. They sell the same jeans for $55 and $20 by rebranding as store specific brands and insignificant variations.