Integral Sights vs Front Sight Post

Obviously the longer sight radius is desirable on these, but if you're running a 16 in VEPR, is there a negative to having the integral sights? Fewer handguard options? Was going to get one of the integral sighted 16 inch from centerfire, and maybe put an ultimak handguard on later down the road. Would this work?

Obviously the longer sight radius is desirable on these, but if you're running a 16 in VEPR, is there a negative to having the integral sights? Fewer handguard options? Was going to get one of the integral sighted 16 inch from centerfire, and maybe put an ultimak handguard on later down the road. Would this work?

I think you would have problems. On WPA's sight, they say the integral sight version does not use a standard length gas tube (longer I believe). You could contact Ultimak and see if they'll be offering one for the Version 02 in the future or not.

im waiting for for my 20" 54r w/integrated sights to arrive. i like the cleaner look myself, and dont plan to tacticool it out . just scope it and leave as-is . if one has any intentions of changing stocks or altering the gun, i would definately get the standard version ... ammo is sittin here waiting for the vepr :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have integrated sights on my x39 and standard sights on my 5.45 and 7.62x.54R Vepr's... on the upside, the integrated sights are very nice, they have a finer aperture than normal and it seems like the sight picture almost looks the same. I like the fact that the swing weight is reduced by moving a big chunk of steel further back toward the reciever. On the other hand, it will not fit a standard gas tube, making a lot of handguard options "no-gos". The standard sights allow you to use a lot of standard hand guards, but they have more swing weight. Sight radius is a moot point to me, since I run optics on almost all of my guns, but the standard sights would allow you to upgrade to a tritium front and back post for night sights, which I think is always a useful addition. I use Mepro's on pretty much all of my AK's.

• 3 weeks later...
found out the stocks are the same , only difference is gas tube and sights for those who dont know this. the furniture seems too nice to mess with . just a hider for me and leave as-is

wow. Mine just arrived yesterday and the furniture is unfinished, unsanded, with splinters all over it and a massive knot/hole right on the PG area. Don't mind really, I didn't buy it for the furniture, I actually laughed for a good while after seeing it.