What to put on that rail...Fast Fire III, C-More???

I ordered a VEPR-12 from Atlantic on election day and I'm trying to figure out what to mount on the nice rail. I want to use this gun for tactical shotgun competition and 3 gun. I'm leaning towards either a Burris Fast Fire III or a C-more. I thought about an Eotech 512 or an Aimpoint but they are more money yet. The Eotech reticle might work well for moving targets though. What have you guys tried? What did you like? I don't care how it looks, just how well it works. Targets range from slug targets to lots of moving targets, clays on poppers, Texas stars, etc. Thanks!

PA micro dot for me, on a low profile riser mount

Why do you need a riser mount? They are at the perfect cheek weld level.

haven`t shot with it yet. have it at the back of the rail. I have the tapco stock with a cheek pad. Edited by ak karl

Just installed a primary arms micro dot at the back of mine. Love it. Installing an optic though makes it more obvious my rail is slightly canted however, as you can see the optic leaning. It is still pretty unnoticeable and just cosmetic as far as red dots go. Can't wait to test it out!

• Like 1

Don't have it yet but I will be getting another bushnell trs 25 for mine. I have one on my saiga 5.45 mounted on a tws top cover mount and love it. That will pretty much be the Same setup as on the vepr 12. I like to have the same optics setup on all my guns if I can. I can't afford a high dollar (+100) sight when I want one on everything!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning towards running the same setup on multiple guns so it can't be too expensive. I was thinking about an Eotech 512 for my AR but to get one for all my fun guns would be way over my budget, the Fastfire and the C-more run about half what the Eotech does. Aimpoints are nice too but they are also $400 bucks and up. My first experience with red dots was a gun show special that's as worthless as hen shit on a pump handle. After that I'm also shying away from anything cheap unless it carries 5 star reviews and a few people I know online confirm the hype. I have a Saiga 7.62 and the side rail mount I bought places any optic I mount way to high, I end up needing a chin weld to see through anything on top of that POS. The idea of replacing the top cover so the sight mounts at a useful height is good. It would be great to stay with a familiar sight picture. I think I would go with a larger dot size with the VEPR 12 and the FastFire III comes in 3 and 7 MOA so that seems like a decent way to go. 3 on rifles, 7 on shotguns and pistols.

Don't have it yet but I will be getting another bushnell trs 25 for mine. I have one on my saiga 5.45 mounted on a tws top cover mount and love it. That will pretty much be the Same setup as on the vepr 12. I like to have the same optics setup on all my guns if I can. I can't afford a high dollar (+100) sight when I want one on everything!

I thought I was the only one here ghetto enough to think of putting a TRS-25 on there, lol. Funny thing is that I so damn gun poor at the moment that I can't even afford one. A friend has one on his AR and the dot looks as good as the one in my T-1. Kind of pisses me off. I could have bought 8 TRS-25s for what I paid for my T-1. I love that battery life though.

• Like 1

I thought I was the only one here ghetto enough to think of putting a TRS-25 on there, lol. Funny thing is that I so damn gun poor at the moment that I can't even afford one. A friend has one on his AR and the dot looks as good as the one in my T-1. Kind of pisses me off. I could have bought 8 TRS-25s for what I paid for my T-1. I love that battery life though.

ghetto or not like you said it has a very nice true 3 moa dot, its is actually water tight and is very tough. I can't see buying anything else in the same price range. I have seen the primary arms rds that is similar and it lacks the small round precise dot that the trs 25 has, at least the one I saw wasn't as defined or small. Don't feel bad because at the moment i can't afford anything either. Nice looking fast fire liquid.

Edited by rogers

My buddy got an extra TRS-25 and hasn't put it on anything yet. I've been trying to come up with a way to talk him out of it, lol. He'll need some parts sooner or later.... it is just a matter of time ;)

Any one tried this yet ???

I believe it's called the SeeAll?

The animation video from the link of the products page of their site gives a pretty quick and obvious explanation of how it works. Looks like a truly quick sighting system. No batteries too.

ghetto or not like you said it has a very nice true 3 moa dot, its is actually water tight and is very tough. I can't see buying anything else in the same price range. I have seen the primary arms rds that is similar and it lacks the small round precise dot that the trs 25 has, at least the one I saw wasn't as defined or small. Don't feel bad because at the moment i can't afford anything either. Nice looking fast fire liquid.

You must have looked at an early gen of the Primary Arms Micro dot. Not going to start a flame war as which is better, but IMO playing around with both, the Primary Arms is better. If you are torn between the two, and feel they are equal, you should choose Primary Arms. If you have dealt with Marshall or read other things about him, you would choose a Primary Arms Micro Dot for that very reason.

Edited by Muffman
  • Like 1

I got a Primary Arms MDS-7 - not the reflex comparable to Burris - the sight comparable to a Aimpoint T1. Anyway, sited it in on my AK yesterday.

I have an Eotech, a Trijicon RMR, Leupold Delta Point and an Aimpoint T1. For quick aiming of a rifle at decent distances - not talking about CQB since I haven't tried that type of sighting yet - I like it equal to the T1 and far better than the rest. I don't think I can say I trust it as much as the T1 for reliability as I haven't had it long enough - but as far as sighting - it's awesome.

I put my Eotech on the Vepr for now. I haven't fired it with that setup yet. The reason i did that is because the window is large and open and I have a reticle I think will be great for shotgun - the dot with the circle surrounding it, etc.

The Primary Arms sight seems to be sold out. I may go with the TRS-25 because I can find it, and I'm broke after buying the VEPR. I like the FastFire and the C-more...but the price on the TRS-25 is pretty nice. If it's not all that I'll throw it on my 10-22 and buy something better for the VEPR. The only negative I see with the TRS-25 is the smallish 3 MOA dot.

Primary Arms has the Konus Sight-Pro Atomic Red/Green Dot in stock currently... it comes with a lifetime warranty and is just as reasonably priced.

I am right handed, so I like the fact the rheostat is on the left side of the sight.

7247-2T.jpg

Edited by lokmeup

Haha. Awesome.

Is the barrel riffled? What scope is that?

It was a joke. It is a Millett 4-16x50. OK scope for $300. I may retrofit a rifled barrel to one of these in the future. Lots of other projects ahead of that on the short list though. The Millett looks crazier on my wife's 10.5" AR.... I actually used it like this in my arfcom 'FN Manufactured Barrel Comparison' 100 yard testing.

post-22401-0-44705900-1353908426_thumb.jpg

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I pick my Vepr up this week, its my first gun of any type. I was thinking about getting a LEUPOLD VX-1 1-4x20mm Shotgun/Muzzleloader Scopes. Anyone have any experience with this scope?

You need to think about what you are doing with the gun. I intend to do some competitive shotgun shooting which means everything from slugs to clays to moving targets. Most scopes are useless once you do anything past slugs.