What to put on that rail...Fast Fire III, C-More???

I just ordered the See All. I'll share my experience with it...I like that it doesn't need batteries and it's made in the U.S.A.

I am very interested in your impression of the SeeAll. I am interested in it because it appears to be durable.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

The See All just showed up. It looks good. It appears to be very durable, the frame is monolithic and very solid. I don't get to pickup my VEPR 'til Monday so I test fit it on my AR. I don't have the recommended riser so it's definitely too low without it, the FSB blocks your view but with both eyes open it was still usable. Your eye has to be in the right position before the reticle comes into view, I don't expect it to be an issue once I have a little time using it. I will say other RDS sites I've used the reticle pops into view a bit sooner, but you'd have to do a side by side comparison with similar weapons and different sights to really know.The manufacturer claimed it worked fine in low light, I'm not sure. Looking into my dark garage from a well lit room I couldn't see much but I expect if I had a weapons light it would work. I don't intend to use this at night so no big deal. I'm anxious to mount it on my VEPR and try it out. I liked the idea that it was durable, I don't have to turn it on, and there is no battery to go dead. I suspect this thing may be on par with an Aimpoint for ruggedness, there just isn't much to break.

The bad news is I have a midterm Monday, finals the week after that, and then I get on an airplane to visit my folks for a week. This means I won't be shooting it until Dec. 22 or 23. I will start a new thread and post my experience after that. If anyone is anywhere near Livermore, do holler.

Edited by VEPR12
  • Like 1

I'm a purist.

http://kalinkaoptics...side-mount.html

or

http://kalinkaoptics...crew-mount.html

This ISN'T an LED HUD system. Apparently, it's a genuine laser HUD optic..

I love the Russian Kobra but the dang thing costs more than my Saiga...so I don't see it going on there. That is also the only thing I currently own that has a side rail. I do like the other sight, $199 seems pretty good, it reminds me a lot of a C-more. The fact that there is only 1 review isn't reassuring. I obviously have something in hand now, but if I don't love it I'm sure I'll be looking for something else. I like the choice in reticles. It might be great on my AR. Russian site on U.S. gun? Why the F not? If I get a VZ-58 this will definitely be considered.

edit: I just reviewed the specs, the battery is a common size but the battery life sucks (50 hours) It's too damn easy to leave a RDS on, and then find a dead battery...which blows if you really need to shoot something.

Edited by VEPR12

The See All just showed up. It looks good. It appears to be very durable, the frame is monolithic and very solid. I don't get to pickup my VEPR 'til Monday so I test fit it on my AR. I don't have the recommended riser so it's definitely too low without it, the FSB blocks your view but with both eyes open it was still usable. Your eye has to be in the right position before the reticle comes into view, I don't expect it to be an issue once I have a little time using it. I will say other RDS sites I've used the reticle pops into view a bit sooner, but you'd have to do a side by side comparison with similar weapons and different sights to really know.The manufacturer claimed it worked fine in low light, I'm not sure. Looking into my dark garage from a well lit room I couldn't see much but I expect if I had a weapons light it would work. I don't intend to use this at night so no big deal. I'm anxious to mount it on my VEPR and try it out. I liked the idea that it was durable, I don't have to turn it on, and there is no battery to go dead. I suspect this thing may be on par with an Aimpoint for ruggedness, there just isn't much to break.

The bad news is I have a midterm Monday, finals the week after that, and then I get on an airplane to visit my folks for a week. This means I won't be shooting it until Dec. 22 or 23. I will start a new thread and post my experience after that. If anyone is anywhere near Livermore, do holler.

I also Ordered the See All ... hope to be testing next week

• Like 1

I'll be in WA on the 15th...

I'll be in WA on the 15th...

Maybe we could test the See All when you get here.

• 3 weeks later...

13 moa dual illuminated RMR

Have you used this setup? I have the same one but it came with the RM-34 tall mount. I'm wondering if I should order the regular RM-33 mount. I don't have the VEPR in hand yet (just a few more days) and I will be using the Molot factory folder whenever that gets in.