wouldn't this suck....

Christ.

There goes being able to use the crooked rail for red dots.

Turning out to be as big of pig as the S-12s.

How do you figure? one report of a cracked rail and they are all bad?

came across this a little bit ago.....not looking good here.286tybt.jpg

Whats the story behind it?

Not all cracked yet, but all three I have are crooked. It's hard to have faith in the quality and therefore assume the cracked rails is an isolated incident given all the issues we've seen in the small sample of units.

Sure, when a rail becomes available I can replace the factory ones with a quality part - but that costs more money and I already bought a rail.

Edited by ec4321

I wonder what the story was too. I asked if he saw where maybe a shell hit the optic or mount but he never replied. It appears the polymer rail has a metal rod foundation. This to me would seem worse than 100% polymer or 100% metal.. but idk.. not on engineer. So I wonder, is this a fluke? Are these brittle and OP torqued too much? Did a shell extracting catch the mount and cause this?

Not all cracked yet, but all three I have are crooked. It's hard to have faith in the quality and therefore assume the cracked rails is an isolated incident given all the issues we've seen in the small sample of units.

Sure, when a rail becomes available I can replace the factory ones with a quality part - but that costs more money and I already bought a rail.

Maybe its time to sell me all your veprs for half price and go buy and AR. ARFcom needs more snobs.

• Like 2

Christ.

There goes being able to use the crooked rail for red dots.

Turning out to be as big of pig as the S-12s.

How do you figure? one report of a cracked rail and they are all bad?

came across this a little bit ago.....not looking good here.286tybt.jpg

Whats the story behind it?

go to akfiles vepr section......"vepr 12 integrated rail-1"

That thread really doesnt give much other than more people whining rather than trying to give legit reviews.

i agree. i don't see the point of optics or dots on a shotgun anyway, basically it's a point and aim deal to me but that's my preference. supplied irons are sufficient enough.

Edited by adjc
  • Like 3

That thread really doesnt give much other than more people whining rather than trying to give legit reviews.

The rail is freaking cracked and that FACT is somehow whining and not relevant or legitimate??

Holy shit.

Could simply be that it was to tight, dropped the weapon. Hard to say exactly what happened.

• Like 1

The rail is freaking cracked and that FACT is somehow whining and not relevant or legitimate??

Holy shit.

Could simply be that it was to tight, dropped the weapon. Hard to say exactly what happened.

That is possible, it's still fact the rail cracked and still a legitimate concern. Different design could have prevented it to begin with, but knowing what caused it may prevent it others from ending up in the same situation.

Holy shit.

ur mad

i agree. i don't see the point of optics or dots on a shotgun anyway, basically it's a point and aim deal to me but that's my preference. supplied irons are sufficient enough.

Now you're getting it.

• Like 1

Maybe its time to sell me all your veprs for half price and go buy and AR. ARFcom needs more snobs.

snobs?

I can build an ar for half the cost of a vepr,

looking for un cracked rails doesn't strike me as snobery

snobs?

I can build an ar for half the cost of a vepr,

looking for un cracked rails doesn't strike me as snobery

id love to that that 500 dollar shit AR so I can laugh at it.

If I had to guess, Id say he may have dropped it, or had it proped up against something and it went timber and it landed on the rear end of the scope. Ive fucked up rails and mounts on aluminum ones this way on my 10/22.

• Like 1

Holy shit.

ur mad

Now you're getting it.

Denial brother.

You may not want to use the rail, but others do. It's a feature that the vepr 12s are sold with. Obviously there is demand.

There are folks on this site that will make excuses for the vepr until the hell freezes over.

Rail falls off? eh who cares, only idiots use the rail on a shotgun.

Handguard moves? Eh don't be a pussy grab the barrel, feel the burn.

Imagine Tromix's reputation of their rails were crooked or cracked.

• Like 1

Holy shit.

ur mad

Now you're getting it.

Denial brother.

You may not want to use the rail, but others do. It's a feature that the vepr 12s are sold with. Obviously there is demand.

There are folks on this site that will make excuses for the vepr until the hell freezes over.

Not once have I posted that I did not care. Not once did I post in defense of the rail. Not once did I post that I did not want to use the rail.

Until you can back up anything you just said I have no reason to recant anything I have said.

Again, ONE reported rail failure that I have found. yet you imply they are all bad.(you in fact did post that you can not use the rail. yet many do)

Holy shit.

ur mad

Now you're getting it.

Denial brother.

i said that was MY preference, why would that include everyone else? didn't that make any sense?

Not once have I posted that I did not care. Not once did I post in defense of the rail. Not once did I post that I did not want to use the rail.

I never said you did. Total strawman.

Again, ONE reported rail failure that I have found. yet you imply they are all bad.(you in fact did post that you can not use the rail. yet many do)

They are all crooked. I am concerned now they may crack. It's far from conclusive, but it's a concern - looking at how then the material is where it cracked, I can see why it could easily crack and don't have faith in the durability of the design.

What if OP from AKFiles is a covert mole.. meant to boost sales of soon to be released CSS rail?... horror.gif

Not pointing fingers but some people need to relax over this and find a happy middle. Some people are being too hard on these Vepr 12's.. and then there are also some people who are defending them too much. We need more happy middle people...

• Like 2

Holy shit.

ur mad

Now you're getting it.

Denial brother.

I never said you did. Total strawman.

They are all crooked. I am concerned now they may crack. It's far from conclusive, but it's a concern - looking at how then the material is where it cracked, I can see why it could easily crack and don't have faith in the durability of the design.

Show your proof. There are many buyers that reported no problems with crooked rails. Where do you get your info?

Show your proof. There are many buyers that reported no problems with crooked rails. Where do you get your info?

I don't need to prove shit to you, internet commando.

I have three, they are all crooked.

Edited by ec4321

Then send them in for warranty work and stop crying about them. Im not acting like a commando at all. Im asking you to back up your post and you cant.

If you are unwilling to get them fixed then you have nothing to complain about.

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 1

Then send them in for warranty work and stop crying about them. Im not acting like a commando at all. Im asking you to back up your post and you cant.

If you are unwilling to get them fixed then you have nothing to complain about.

Look tough guy, I will sell them if I want to, I will buy an AR and join ARF.com and snob it up if I want to, I will send them in for warranty when I want to, i will complain about quality issues if I want to

I don't need your guidance or permission, nor do I need to prove anything to you.