wouldn't this suck....

Show your proof. There are many buyers that reported no problems with crooked rails. Where do you get your info?

I don't need to prove shit to you, internet commando.

I have three, they are all crooked.

Then send them in for warranty work and stop crying about them. Im not acting like a commando at all. Im asking you to back up your post and you cant.

If you are unwilling to get them fixed then you have nothing to complain about.

Look tough guy, I will sell them if I want to, I will buy an AR and join ARF.com and snob it up if I want to, I will send them in for warranty when I want to, i will complain about quality issues if I want to

I don't need your guidance or permission, nor do I need to prove anything to you.

haha.gif

"Here is what my rail looks like after 20 Nobel Sport Law enforcement OO buckshot 2 3/4 The electronic red dot is a Vortex Strike Fire w/ supplied mount. Very not happy right now."

Direct qoute from OP of other thread on what happenend,

Be interesting to hear more detail. From that, it sounds like the OP is saying it happened from normal firing/operation.

If others start cracking too, this could be a huge issue. I hope PapaZ sees this and lets us know if he has seen any such issues on the veprs in Russia.

"Here is what my rail looks like after 20 Nobel Sport Law enforcement OO buckshot 2 3/4 The electronic red dot is a Vortex Strike Fire w/ supplied mount. Not very happy right now."

Let him know I fixed it for him.

"Here is what my rail looks like after 20 Nobel Sport Law enforcement OO buckshot 2 3/4 The electronic red dot is a Vortex Strike Fire w/ supplied mount. Not very happy right now."

Did he send it to you for repair?

Did he send it to you for repair?

Yes, via the interwebs.

Edited by Chevyman097

Not all cracked yet, but all three I have are crooked. It's hard to have faith in the quality and therefore assume the cracked rails is an isolated incident given all the issues we've seen in the small sample of units.

Sure, when a rail becomes available I can replace the factory ones with a quality part - but that costs more money and I already bought a rail.

Maybe its time to sell me all your veprs for half price and go buy and AR. ARFcom needs more snobs.

snobs?

I can build an ar for half the cost of a vepr,

looking for un cracked rails doesn't strike me as snobery

id love to that that 500 dollar shit AR so I can laugh at it.

laugh away

It's not like I don't have both

or any other russian or western gun to compare and contrast

IMG_20121113_195127.jpg

Better close that zipper it might get dirty inside.haha.gif

not sure what your problem is,

I had to assume he meant see the ar, unless he meant something else entirely......

id love to that that 500 dollar shit AR so I can laugh at it.

\

I dont see the confusion. You posted, Im laughing.

haha.gif

"Here is what my rail looks like after 20 Nobel Sport Law enforcement OO buckshot 2 3/4 The electronic red dot is a Vortex Strike Fire w/ supplied mount. Very not happy right now."

Be interesting to hear more detail. From that, it sounds like the OP is saying it happened from normal firing/operation.

If others start cracking too, this could be a huge issue. I hope PapaZ sees this and lets us know if he has seen any such issues on the veprs in Russia.

There was some such issues on Russians Veprs also sad.png - most cases due to fixed Optics too tight to the rail as well optics was too heavy. Also there was one or several issues with Molot steel rails (placed in early production) - for some Russian guys steel is not strong enough (I don't understand how it's possible, but some smart Vepr users know).

Fixing optics like this (the begin of the rail) on Vepr-12/Saiga-12-30 sometimes also case of malfunctions :( . The following video describe why.

Edited by PapaZorro
  • Like 2

My guess is the Strikefire is too massive when combined with too small of a mounting footprint for the polymer/steel rail to handle the recoil. Looks like the cantilever of the mounting allows a torque stress riser that dis-bonded the polymer from its steel base. Imagine how much of a snap the recoil places on the rear of the optic with a 12GA.

I don't reckon that would happen with a T1.

An EOTech XPS might be okay as well.

Edited by Thor's Hammer
  • 2 weeks later...