Good grief who bought all the ammo???

Yeah I know whats going on but damn every time this clown gets elected all the ammo disappears.

Couldn't find anything acceptable in 308 so just picked up some brass, hard to find also, hand made are better anyway.

The x39 seems to be a bit easier to get but even that is getting sparse.

No idea what the 223 is doing, dont own a stoner rifle.

Edited by Rhodes1968

Everything around here is still plentiful with fully stocked shelves. It's a little higher than buying online (walmart is about the same) but sometimes I'd rather have it in hand anyway. I checked yesterday and our local Wally was out of 9mm but it'll likely be back in stock in a couple days as usual.

The day after election was crazy, academy and wal mart was bare. But I went to Academy yesterday and it was nuts how stocked back up they are. Selves full and boxes and crates all over the place. They knew it was coming lol. I was in there about 30 minutes and the whole time I was there every 3-5 minutes it was a page over head for gun counter walk outs. People buying guns up like crazy.

the wallmarts here have a four box limit on ammo now after a few yaa hoos tried to buy ALL of it!

that's pretty common, most of those are people buying it and then get a table at a gun show and re-sell if for a profit. WALMART caught onto that and put limits on how much you can buy

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

Well, a few days ago there was plenty of x39 at my Walmart and the "deer hunting" calibers spaces were empty. Today the x39 was empty (usually about 30 boxes there) and the 30/30 and 30-.06 were restocked and full. Can't blame the deer hunters on the x29 as it's Tulammo FMJ and we can't (not supposed to) hunt with it here. The $30 Winchester x39 was still there though, and plenty of .223 and 5.56 on the shelves, I guess it was just the cheap-ass panicked folks that hit it...

I bought massive amounts well before the election (best time to) and have enough to last several years with no problems. However, my policy from here on out is to always replace what I shoot as I go. First though, I'll let people calm down a bit.

On top of my stockpile I also believe I've scored a never ending supply of once shot 223 and 40 cal. The 40 is 'Glocked' but I'm not overly concerned about that.

I went to the Gun show Saturday and didn't even look at any ammo.

• Like 1

**BURP!!!!**

Sorry....needed a light snack and got carried away. haha.gif

Local Hell-warts are bone dry except for wildcat calibers, Tulammo, and 12GA. I cleaned them both out of 45ACP, .223, and x39. My other fun shop had plenty, but had jacked the prices almost $4 over Wal-mart prices, and raping on cases($499 for a case of Yugo M67 Ball?!?!?).

$499 for Yugo???? Dammmmn...

Couple of points, first I buy only online considering brick and mortar a waste of gas and I replace what I shoot at a ratio of 2-1, been doing that for years so a trip to range left me looking for a couple of battle packs of mil-surp.

Heh guess whats not available. Ah well like I said I will end up with better ammo.

Edited by Rhodes1968

I bought thousands of rounds months ago because I knew this was going to happen. Joke's on you!

What joke?

I have plenty just wanted to replace what shot. Guess I expected folks to learn the lesson of 2009 and already have stores built up, guess not.

Just came from the local ammo joint....stacked to the roof, so to say. Not the cheapest, but piles and piles of it!!!! 1000 rounds of .45acp and .223 were @ $389. the x39 was alittle less of course, but I have PLENTY of ammo.....I actually just bought 1 box for my newly aquired 30-40 Krag, cost a pretty penny....20 rounds for $30.

Anyway, we got ammo out the "Wazzoo" here.

• Like 2

I have close to what I am legally permitted to store in my home. If I buy anymore I'd have to store off site or be forced to notify the state and the city fire dept. and get a permit for storage. I think I'll pass on that and just face rising prices as they come

No problemo! I can easily store however much you want to buy, so get it while it's cheap. Er, expensive. No charge, and I promise not to shoot it up unless I really need to.

• Like 1

Wallyworld has plenty of Tula x39 fmj here. Some of the larger rifle and pistol calibers were out, but restocked quick. Our Meijer was out if the domestic x39 that goes for $15+.

I'll be hitting the gun show this weekend. Be looking for hp rounds mosty as I have plenty of fmj. Also need some blanks for a tennis ball laucher build.

I have close to what I am legally permitted to store in my home. If I buy anymore I'd have to store off site or be forced to notify the state and the city fire dept. and get a permit for storage. I think I'll pass on that and just face rising prices as they come

Yeah the government makes a lot of demands up that way. Lot of those edicts get ignored also. Someone from up that way back in the 19th century once encouraged you folks to break all the mala phohibita you can, think he one of the Thoreau clan...

7.62x39 seems doable online still but 308 ( which is what I wanted to buy) has gotten damned rare. Glad I reload.

May pick up one last SKS at the gun show this weekend as a new project rifle, got all the ammo for it I can ever use.

I have never heard of a legal limit. Is that a city ordinance?

Went back into Walmart this evening, the Tulammo x39 is restocked, I'd say 50 boxes at least... well, 45 now. I don't buy online as I watch for sales in the local area and can pick it up for way less than shipping would cost me. I'm lucky in that I have a couple of good sporting goods stores close that have 9mm and .22 on sale frequently, and I buy the x39 at Walmart for target shooting and order SP from Cabela's when it's on sale and I have a gift card from doing surveys' that covers the shipping.