My first SKS, question about manufacture date

So I picked up a Chinese SKS this past weekend. There's a gun show next weekend and I had decided I was gonna get an SKS if the prices were right but I didn't like my odds with it being the first show around here since the election. I was perusing a local guns classified website this weekend and saw someone had put a Chinese SKS up for $300 near me, all numbers matching and it came with 100 rounds of Wolf ammo. After looking at some pictures I figured I'd jump on it as that was a pretty reasonable price compared to the last few gun shows I've been to.

I'm glad I did, this thing seems to be in very good shape. Barrel looks almost unfired to me, no rust/pitting and very clean looking. The wood is in very good shape as well, a couple minor nicks but no major scratches or cracks.

As I was looking it over at home, I did notice a couple things that I found odd. There's no manufacturer markings that I can find, just this Made in China engraving:

gallery_36003_1118_1725229.jpg

No Chinese lettering like I've seen on other Chinese SKSs.

It also has a 5-digit serial and what appears to be a lower-case n on the sight leaf (Russian lettering maybe?):

gallery_36003_1118_1493089.jpg

Same serial shows up on the back of the receiver cover and bottom of the trigger guard. The trigger mechanism is milled, another sign that it is an older gun.

I took the stock off (which has no serial at all on it anywhere) to look for markings on the barrel and elsewhere on the receiver, the only thing I could find is this marking close to the serial that either says "3D" or "30", hard to say:

gallery_36003_1118_1011185.jpg

There are also a couple of upside-down "2"s on the barrel, didn't take pics of those.

It also has a blade bayonet (no serial that I can find), which from what I've read means it's an earlier Chinese model as they switched to the spike-style later:

gallery_36003_1118_649458.jpg

I'm not an expert on SKSs, all I know really is what I've read the past few days since I bought it. Most signs point to it being an early (1960 or earlier) Chinese SKS, but I'm not sure. Most postings I can find show an English letter before the serial on similarly dated guns, mine is just 5 numbers.

I'm primarily concerned with how it shoots which I will find out soon, but it would be cool to know when this thing was made.

Anyone have any ideas about when it was made?