Would this be a good trade for a SPAS 12?

Found one locally (private sale) in great condition that has had a good "once over" by a reputable LGS. He's asking about $1500 for it but was willing to take my 2 year old Spike's AR15 and (2001) SAR1 AKM. What do you guys think?

I've always loved the SPAS (child of the 80s here) and I think my S12 needs a partner lol.

I'm just a huge fan of the 12ga. The AK and AR have been sitting in the safe for quite a while. The S12 has become my favorite long gun to shoot.

I figure AK/ARs are a dime a dozen but the SPAS is getting rare and I like that notion. Thanks for the input.

$1500 is too much for a SPAS. I would not pay over $1100 for a real nice example, they seem to go for about that in decent condition. He's charging you tip dollar for his trade and expectign you to value yours at bottom dollar. Tell him to add $200 to the deal. The best advice i can offer is always be willing to walk away, there are lots of options out there. Many other guns to buy and there are plenty of SPASs that are sold.

Edited by bigj480

I don't think it's a terrible deal, but I don't think it's a great deal either. If it's the folding stock SPAS with the hook, $1500 is about fair if it's in great condition. But this trade also depends on the conditions of your guns and what you have into them. If you think you could get more than $1500 by selling both of your guns, do it and give him the $1500 and keep the change