5.45 front end

I am going to be finnaly getting around to the front end of my 5.45 saiga! Right now I just have a bolt on hand guard retainer for my lower guard. Just wanted to make sure I am getting the right stuff.

For the gas block a Bulgarian 90 degree?

of the two hand guard retainers one is for 'classic' rifles the other for .673?

last, a bulg fsb with 24x1.5 RH threads.

Sound about right? whats a classic rifle? Thanks for the help.

You don't need a new gas block. Are you wanting a classic style or more of a tactical look? If you're wanting more options down the road then seriously consider a plain FSB and thread for either 14X.1 LH or one of the standard AR muzzle threads. You'll have TONS more options of muzzle devices than 24x1.5.

I wish I would've bought an IZ340 to begin with and be done with it. Oh we'll, makes my 240 a project and those are always fun.

You can get a bolt on handguard retainer as OP mentioned and avoid having to remove the barrel components.

Which makes me wonder the same as Lord Ak-47, why bolt on if you're already going to be removing the GB and FSB? Are you trying to avoid notching the barrel? I can understand if you didn't care to swap the GB and FSB and just wanted AK handguards, but if your barrel is going to be naked then just get one of the surplus take-off's and notch your barrel.

Other than the HG retainer your parts list checks out with me. The others are right - you'll find more accessories with 14mm. This will matter if you just have a hard on for tacticool AR brakes. If you're normal and recognize that the 74 brake is all you need then get the Bulgy take off.

Do not buy from AA-OK. Notice how none of their products are out of stock? That's because when you order an item, they take your money, then if they have the item they'll ship it, but if not, they will contact one of their shifty suppliers and try and order the part for you. I have a 2 month old order with AA-OK that still hasn't shipped OR been refunded despite my attempts to cancel that order OVER A MONTH AGO. They don't have a phone number or an email address on their website. I know it looks like they have every part you could want, and you can order it all from them and only have to pay shipping once, but the reality is that they wil take your money and you may have nothing for it for months. Those people are criminals.

I was originally told that they would be in later on this year. When I inquired last month, I was told that they were discontinued from the manufacturer. Bummer, so I bought an IZ 240 and will enjoy changing the front out myself. Then, I asked about the IZ 332 in 7.62x39. I was told that it would be some time in 2013 before they had anymore. Let's just hope that someone doesn't decide to pencil whip an executive order first...