Vepr 12 Nooo!!!

Just picked mine up today!!!!.....

Haven't shot it yet but my luck the top cover is canted to the left and the finish of the shotgun is in my opinion pretty rough.

Very pitty and rough to the touch, not glossy kind of like a matte black could have done a better job with a spray can

I don't really care about the finish but how do I go about getting this top cover straight sad.png

Edited by Mercenetti

On this forum on my iPhone ill post pics when I get back from work, range report

Shotguns recoil is insane compared to the saiga 12 I only shot 2 mags of federal high brass loads

They all cycled great and the LRBHO functioned as intended, but the trigger everytime you shoot really slaps back at your finger and to be honest hurts, I'm active duty military and am no way a wimp, and ill be honest that trigger slap hurts,recoil is saiga 12 x 10 ill post more tomorrow when I run a box of Walmart 100 pack to see how it cycles

Edited by Mercenetti

Yep the triggers suck, but thats to be expected. It can be an easy fix for 30-40 bucks for a tapco or Texas ak trigger.

Has anyone dropped in a Texas AK trigger in theirs? That's what I really want, but not sure how much work and how difficult... I'm new to ak shotguns.. guess I'll try and research it...

Edited by Muffman

I must be lucky...my vepr doesn't seem to have much more recoil than my Saiga? I just put 125 shells through her this weekend. 1 Federal bulk pack, ten 1oz slugs, ten fioochi 00 bucks and around 5 3in blackstorms with BB shot I believe. All cycled hflawlessly and as I said before recoil was minimal even with thcrappy wood stock with no butt-plate? Mine didn't have a butt-plate...just a piece of wood cut to fit the end of the stock? I thought the wood stocks would be much better than they were but its all good. I was planning on changing it out anyway.

Yep the triggers suck, but thats to be expected. It can be an easy fix for 30-40 bucks for a tapco or Texas ak trigger.

Has anyone dropped in a Texas AK trigger in theirs? That's what I really want, but not sure how much work and how difficult... I'm new to ak shotguns.. guess I'll try and research it...

I am thinking of adding one to mine. all you have to do is cut an extra notch on the reciever or else grind off the extra hook on the actual trigger.

Doesn't sound too hard. I would probably opt for modifying the trigger over the receiver. Cutting/grinding off a single part sounds easy enough. Keep us updated if you drop one it before I do. I thought more was involved the way Cobra Systems talked about it and said they no longer offered Texas AK triggers.

ps... I think I still owe you pics of the now completed modded Romanian Dong grip I got from you... = ]

With low brass shotshells 2x100 pack of federal all purpose loads

2 FTE out of 200 shotshells first 30 had the 2 failures to eject due to the shell getting pinched by the bolt carrier from not ejecting far enough.

LRBHO did not one time fail to stay open at the last round it works perfectly

Update on recoil. with low brass the recoil is the same as my saiga 12 and the trigger slap isnt even noticable.

Overall very pleased with my purchase i was going to take a picture of the FTE but it never happend again for a pic so i missed my chance wich is great! haha

i give this Vepr a 7/10 due to my rail bieng canted slightly to the left and the finish bieng beyond bad

finish and canted rail mean nothing to me because my shotgun runs and thats all that really matters.

thankyou saiga12 forum

Edited by Mercenetti