a little better...

A little better, got rid of the Tapco stuff...not really thrilled about the hand guard retainer, and the bolted on trigger guard... i really would like to pull this rifle apart and do things right...never done anything like that before but...for now i am pretty satisfied. I love this Red dot though!

post-45281-0-22382500-1353002559_thumb.jpg

post-45281-0-64525500-1353002568_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of the "ak retainers". The saiga has a superior handguard retention (simple pin and screw). If one wants the "original" ak look, I can see it... but for function.. the saiga specific handguards are WAY superior (SGM, etc). I actually wish it was easier to get a saiga SGM handguard on my M10 or I'd do it! Obviously, I'm not a "purist" haha :-)

@Brian M1 I like the feel of the stock handguard but...their is no heat sheild and i do loads of shooting and after a while that hand guard has shown some signs of melting.

I am a huge fan of what the AK101 looks like.

'

@liberty-r-death Its Duracoated but wasn't sprayed well some shiny metal is showing through which isn't a big deal. Its okay for now but I'm sure alittle down the road I will change it.

I'm not a fan of the "ak retainers". The saiga has a superior handguard retention (simple pin and screw). If one wants the "original" ak look, I can see it... but for function.. the saiga specific handguards are WAY superior (SGM, etc). I actually wish it was easier to get a saiga SGM handguard on my M10 or I'd do it! Obviously, I'm not a "purist" haha :-)

I know its preference, but I disagree. Only reason is that the gas block pin used on the Saiga's is essentially the same concept of the cam lever on the retainer. They both sit in a notch on the barrel. I also dont really care much for having a screw stickin out of my recievers. I also like the handguards of the traditional design to keep from burning my hands after things start to heat up. The gas tube gets pretty hot as well, and I dont feel that extra small plate they put on the factory tube does it much justice.