Anything that should be polished on the Vepr?

Anything that should be polished on the Vepr? Given the many polishing spots/activities/services on the Saiga forum; just wondering. Much the same parts (e.g., all AK derivatives) although if fit and finish is sufficiently improved on the Vepr, polishing may not be helpful.

I saw at least one comment on here somewhere that the person did a bit of polishing on the hammer (and filing) when putting in the Tromix Tapco. I have the trigger group on order so I figure I will get it all done at one time if indicated.

In a related question, what is the best method and material for polishing? I watched one U-tube video and my feeling was that method would yield some oddly shaped internal surfaces. I presume you really don't generally want to alter the relationships of the contacting surfaces; just smooth them.

Anything that should be polished on the Vepr?

If you're tossing in a Tapco FCG the hammer's larger than factory so there's one area for profiling.

As for the rest, let me see what it won't run, then see how much GlassBolt improves it.

It's still early.

Buying a bunch of the weakest shit I can find and testing this weekend.

• Like 1

polishing of the bolt group on the SAIGA 12, VEPR 12 or for that matter any AK platform isn't needed or necessary.

Well, I'm guessing you haven't tried to run an MD-20 in the Vepr-12 yet, have ya'? naaaa.gif

Gonna need a little lovin' to run the real weak stuff with the added spring pressure pressing the shells against the hexagonal bolt as it rotates then extracts over them.

Here's a clip of testing a brand new V-12 with the MD-20. So far as I know it's the only Vepr-12 in the world thus far to ever run the MD-20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9n9xdgaH2M

My apologies for the shitty video, it was a long day testing 2 guns, and I'm shooting in the dark, in a cloud at the top of a hill with a good 40mph wind gusting as I freeze my ass off.

It would only run the Winchester Super-X 2 3/4" 9 pellet .00 buck without any tuning.

I'll update as everything's fine tuned.

• Like 1