Magwell or extended mag release?

I was just wondering if anybody has changed out there magwell or mag release yet? I have an extended mag release(and metal magwell on the way) I was wanting to put in but wasn't sure if there was a certain way of driving out the pin? I have done it to a Saiga before but the pin came out quite easy and there was no magwell. The veprs pin seems held in much tighter and there is a polymer magwell involved so I didn't want to be too forceful and mess anything up without asking here first. When I did try to drive the pin out it seemed to move very little...is there a secret or do I need a bigger mallet lol? Any helpful comments or links would be appreciated...Thanks

I have changed mine to the JTE mag release. You will have to remove some off the top of the release to match the factory length. I drove the pin out to the right I think.

• Like 1

Anyone know a link to show how to effectively remove magwell? Or can anyone shead some light on waht is the proper tool to use?

Just got done removing my magwell to change out the factrory mag release to the Ram S12XC. To remove the magwell all you have to do is drive out the rear pin that holds the magwell and mag release tab with the correct size punch(pin might be a little tight and need some encouragement to drive out). I believe I drove it out from left to right. Next I took a flat head screwdriver bit and cut a notch in the center with a dremel tool. I used the cut out flat head to remove what holds the front of the magwell on(careful not to lose the little washer on the front screw). Done...just a little wiggle and the magwell should come right off. Really liking how this Ram extended tab is working out...quite nice. Makes mag changes that much faster

Oh and Thanks for the heads up on removing a little off the top CSS...saved me a couple extra test fits. 000.gif

• Like 1

Just as a note here, they used a security screw on the magwell. If you do not have a set of these, you should get one. A cheap set can be found here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0A50C65473&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

Or just Google security screw driver bits. A set of these will help you fix many things.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...