The VEPR 12 on TV

I have not had a chance to function check my VEPR 12 since I got it a few weeks ago due to the constraints of time and the lack of good public places to shoot in the Cincinnati area.

This morning a new range called Point Blank opened up in the area and I figured I would check it out and check the function of the VEPR at the same time. Even though I got there only an hour after they opened it was already pretty busy and several news organizations were there to cover the story. I was placed on a lane next to where one of the channels was getting footage for the story. When I pulled out the VEPR 12 they had the usual, "What the heck is that?!? That is a shotgun!?" Then the reporter wanted to get a shot of me shooting it. In the video in the link below they show the first five shots I ever took using some Centurion slugs. The video of me shooting the VEPR is towards the end of the segment.

http://www.local12.c...f4Sd8-AM8g.cspx

Fortunately the gun ran like a champ with no malfs of any kind and the LRBHO worked every time. I had two factory mags with me and they locked in without undue effort. I do agree that I think that it recoils more than my Saiga 12. In the end I ran 26 Centurion slugs through it, 10 Remington #8 game loads and the gentleman in the lane next to me shot 3 of my Centurion slugs without any problems. Overall I am really pleased with my purchase. biggrin.png

• Like 8
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's a nice video. It does look like she kicks a bit. Once finals are over I'm off to the range to shoot my new V-12. I shoot a Livermore Rod & Gun Club. They recently did a large expansion and it wasn't enough. If you arrive 10 minutes after they open on a Saturday you will be waiting to get a lane.

Awesome! We had a similar range open in Nashville as well. They are fairing well to say the least! It has been an addition no short of great within our neighborhood and most importantly, our city. Sadly, I have yet to make use of the Vepr-12 and it was received 9 days ago.