Found this interesting.. Top rail is polymer/steel + new rear sight&#3

When I first got my Vepr 12 I thought the top rail was just polymer by itself. But I decided to cut a chunk of it off to install a new rear sight and found out its reinforced with steel! Makes me feel a *little* better about it lol and onto the pics

post-36274-0-01227200-1353170043_thumb.jpg

and the new rear sight!

post-36274-0-27982500-1353170054_thumb.jpg

it doesnt sit perfectly flat so I have to modify it slightly but ill post pics when im done.

• Like 1

Wow. Nice. Thank you for sharing.

Interestingly, it appears from pics from Ak Files, below, the profile of the steel changes. It might be that the hinge material and the integrated rail metal support are two different pieces of metal. If that's the case, it maybe the polymer rail is bonded to the hinge metal after the fact which might explain why it delaminated.

nFw4G.jpg?1

• 1 year later...

Ec4321 do you know where you got that pic from? I just got a vepr and the weld on the left side between the rear sight base and the front reunion is cracked, oddly enough if you look at the very left hand side of that broken rail pic you can see cracks in his weld also!!!!

Wow. Nice. Thank you for sharing. Interestingly, it appears from pics from Ak Files, below, the profile of the steel changes. It might be that the hinge material and the integrated rail metal support are two different pieces of metal. If that's the case, it maybe the polymer rail is bonded to the hinge metal after the fact which might explain why it delaminated. nFw4G.jpg?1

Edited by jabara572