Revolver for the Lady, reccomendations....

Now, I am not uneducated on my weaponry, just looking for reccomendations based on experience. Here's the deal,....I want to get my Lovely Lady a good Carry-revolver for Christmas. She enjoys shooting, but is not too savvy with semi-auto style, and has Carple-tunnel, so racking back the slide can be difficult. I also am looking for a reasonably light/adjustable trigger.

It will be a Purse/car gun so maybe hammerless is best, and I think an obvious choice is .357/.38 special.

Any advice or other opinions/reccomendations are certainly welcome! The main restrictions are her weak grip strength, and it needs to be simple in a panic/emergency situation.

I presently own an older (1970) S&W Chiefs special in .38 special, but even that trigger, when shot double action, is a bit heavy for her to shoot well.

I hadn't considered the rhelm of +P ammo. Good suggestions so far.

Funny though, I have the original box that my Grandfathers (now mine) .38 Chiefs Special came in, in 1970, price sticker of $133.50!!!! Not saying I am not thinking in the $500 range now, just a neat observation.

Chiappa Rhino 357 snub nose.

I havent used one, but read alot of reviews because im thinking about getting one. People universally say the recoil is much easier to control, making follow up shots faster and more accurate. I would look at getting her one of these, but make sure you test it well, the early ones have some reported kinks, as you'd expect from any new untested design.

Plus they looks completely baddass.

As long as ammunition for it stays available, .327 Federal Magnum is a viable alternative to .38 Spl +P/.357 Magnum for the recoil sensitive. It can also shoot .32 longs, shorts, and 32 H&R magnum as well. I think Ruger, S&W, and Charter Arms all make revolers chambered for it now... though they've dropped many of their offerings.

My wife has a S&W 642 snub, non-LS model. They wanted an extra $50 for the LS name, she felt it was overkill to pay more for something just because it had "Lady" printed on it. She still prefers my Glock to it but it isn't too bad. The hammerless design is perfect for the purse carry if she chooses. Plus, there are all kinds of grip options. She got a cherry wood, which is pretty nice.

Great responses! Gotta try to do all of this reserarch first. It would be nice to suprise her, but reality requires her to handle the pistol first. Getting good ideas! Thanks fellas! Nice to have good advice on an obviously important, and real need.

She is in need of a good carry pistol that she will feel comfortable with, so that she actually enjoys shooting it and making it Second nature to shoot.

Good vid Gary,Thanks!!

The Beretta Tomcat in 32 ACP has a tip up barrel and the slide does not have to be pulled back to load. Might be an option.

I like the 38 snub but it is hard to shoot especially for a new person. When I used one it was with 110 gr bullets for less recoil. The 3 inch barrel ones are easier to shoot.

The 38 Special S&W Bodyguard with laser would be one I would look at for her. Also the Ruger LCR reportedly handles recoil well with its grip design.

This. I carry one, and my fiance shoots it more than I do when we are at the range. It doesn't kill her hands, its lightweight, easy to carry... and for some reason, its not nearly as snappy as the S&W airweight I got rid of for the LCR. HIGHLY recommended.

Don't forget... these come with a Hogue Tamer. Makes a huge difference.

• Like 1