Vepr-12 MD-20 kit coming soon. (video) Will announce pre-order status

it wouldn't be that hard to modify any existing drum to work in any gun of the same caliber as the drum. you aren't actually modifying the internals of the drum itself,you're just adding a feed tower to it, using the existing stick mag.

it wouldn't be all that difficult to make a S12 drum fit in a VEPR, without removing the mag well.

1- S12 drum + 1 VEPR stick mag + and a few spacer shells = VEPR drum

what would you use to bond the vepr mag to the drum permanently?

same way I did to bond the lower half of a M16 BETA feed tower to the top half of a TAPCO GOLANI/GAIL mag to make a SAR 3 feed tower for my BETA drum, aluminum and strong epoxy. in the case of the S12 drum I would bend the aluminum so that it forms a "lazy L" so that it's on the top of the drum and on the VEPR mag. then I would add a piece on the front, face of the drum to the front of the mag, I wouldn't do it to the back, just in case I would ever need to open up the back for whatever reason.

the most critical, no "fudge factor", would be that the opening of the bottom of the mag has to be precisely over the opening of the drum, after you cut off the existing feed tower on it. if it's off, the shells won't feed reliably up the feed tower. the trick there is to use a jig, piece of wood etc... that fits in the drum opening snugly then slide the feed tower over it. that is what I did to insure both halves of the SAR 3 feed tower was aligned perfectly.

SAR3_feed_tower.jpg

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 2