Replacement Firing Pins?

Numrich also has them in stock for $11 and free shipping if you use the coupon code.

I searched all the firing pin links at:

http://www.gunpartsc...Parts-36029.htm

I could not find any ak/saiga firing pins. Do you have a link maybe? Thanks.

I believe this is what you are looking for (although they do not post a photo of it):

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1218320.htm

Did you have one break or are you just wanting to have an extra? Is it common to break a firing pin on the hard commie primers?

I WANT SPARE FIRING PINS

My rifles are new, and I have not had any firing pins break. I just want spares. Firing pins on the Saigas do not break very often from what I have heard. I am new to firearms, and what got me worried about firing pins breaking is my Mini 14.

RUGER,S FIRING PINS ARE KNOWN TO BREAK

Ruger's firing pins on their new version Mini 14/30 are known to break, especially on their Mini 30.

RUGER WILL NOT SELL SPARE FIRING PINS

Ruger will not sell spare pins, and you must send them your rifle when it breaks.

FIRING PINS MUST BE FITTED

Since each Mini is a little different, Ruger makes their pins too long. Then each pin is shortend by hand to fit properly into the particular rifle. If the pin is installed without shortening it first, the pin will penetrate the primer and possible the round itself putting "muzzle flash" into your face when you fire a round.

RUGER"S FIRING PINS ARE COMPLEX

Ruger's pins are a little complex and are made with the MIM process. There is an aftermarket pin available, but it apparently is not very good. So you are pretty much stuck with without any spare firing pins.

MINI 30 FIRING PINS BREAK MORE OFTEN THAN MINI 14 FIRING PINS

The firing pin on the Mini 30 is more prone to break than the one on the Mini 14, and this is apparently due to the hard-primed Russian ammo. There is one theory that the hardness of the primer that is not so much the problem, it is the corrosiveness of the primer that is the big problem. Apparently Ruger's firing pins are stainless steel, and the Russian primers corrode them. The Russian ammo for the Mini 14 is not hard-primed or corrosive, so the Mini 14 does much better with Russian ammo.

SAIGA FIRING PINS

The Saigas are old school and use steel firing pins that apparently do not corrode from the Russian ammo. Also, the pins are realatively simple and easy to make and appear to be available for purchase.

SPRING-LOADED FIRING PINS BREAK EASIER

Apparently spring-loaded firing pins break easier. The firing pins in the Saiga 5.45's are not spring loaded, and the firing pin strikes the primer lightly when the action goes into battery. Because the primer is hard, the round does not fire. The firing pins in the Saiga 223 are spring loaded to prevent the firing pin from lightly striking the soft primers of the Russion/American ammo when the action goes into battery. This prevent slam-firing.

SAIGA 223 FIRING PINS ARE SPRING LOADED AND MORE PRONE TO BREAKING THEN SAIGA 5.45 FIRING PINS

Apparently because the Saiga 223 firing pin is spring loaded, it is more prone to breaking that the Saiga 5.45 firing pin is. The Saiga 223 pins probably do not break as often as the Mini's, and since spare pins are apparently available, firing pin breakage in the Saiga's is not as big of an issue as it is in the Mini's

Edited by tbryanh