Factory S12 LRBHO installation?

Well, hopefully we're not just talking about the lever and plunger assembly. I had it in my mind that Rus Mil was selling the whole shebang... including the receiver block/mag release bit.

OP, please post pics when you are able!

That's going to be a challenge. I am not sure how you are going to make that work without the receiver center support that is made especially for the LRBHO components. Kind of bummed out that they didn't sell it as a complete retrofit kit.

A little material needs to be added to the center support and then fitted to prevent rotation of the plunger when it is in the raised position. Obviously, a hole needs to be milled as well. It looks like it may take about .75 shop hour or less with the right equipment. Not a big deal.

ETA: A short section of tubing may need to be tacked between the bottom of the support and the receiver. I have to get a better look at how what the spring is resting against. I may copy the parts in my V12 and do the install on one of my S12s.

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • 1 month later...

I've managed to mill a section out the receiver where the OEM bho goes, I've got some 7mm ID tube ordered to go into the receiver to support the spring and plunger.

Was wondering how the hawks beak actually holds the bolt back ?

I see on my vepr 12 mag where it touches the nose of the beak to lift it up when empty but how does it hold the bolt open?

Did you take pics. It would be awesome to have your pics and maybe a write up should everything work as it should? Your the first one ive seen take this project on.

Much needed thread, patiently waiting...

And actually we need someone to copy those parts and offer custom LRBHO installation.

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter
I've managed to mill a section out the receiver where the OEM bho goes, I've got some 7mm ID tube ordered to go into the receiver to support the spring and plunger.

Was wondering how the hawks beak actually holds the bolt back ?

I see on my vepr 12 mag where it touches the nose of the beak to lift it up when empty but how does it hold the bolt open?

The the top of the plunger has a slot in the right side of it. That engages with the trip lever to lift it up and down

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...